epim cloud sync problems

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
PVH
Novice

epim cloud sync problems

Post by PVH »

Hello,

A couple of months i've been using epim cloud.
A couple of weeks since I granted somebody else access to that database file (someone that helps me with administration on a freelance base). So we are both using epim pro licenses and syncing a database to the same epim cloud account.
A couple of problems have arrived and I don't think they have something to do with the joint sync use, since I have stopped the other person from using the sync now and problems keep occuring.>
Do i have to use another solution for what I'm trying to do, or is this not a normal problem and should it be solvable?

First there (until version 6.54) was a problem with "connection reset by peer - socket error 10054" or "10042".
Today I upgrade to 6.55 and erro has changed, but still no sync. Error is now: access violation at address 00409556 in module 'essentialpim.exe'. Read of address 00000384.

In previous versions I even tried deleting the epim cloud account (at least the data in it), but I got some strange sync results after that (and some data keeps re-appearing) - is there a way to completely reset the epim cloud data, so I can start over?
When I tried to restart the epim cloud I also delete the sync data in my database.

I really need some help here, because I want this to work and I don't want to switch software if possible.
thanks in advance.
Please do ask if something is not clear or you need additional information.

EDIT: and now the program "hangs" every time I try to use it. Sweet.
PVH
Novice

Re: epim cloud sync problems

Post by PVH »

So I stopped using the epim cloud sync now, and no more problems. Well, except for the one that I'm trying to share my database via cloud sync and it's not working. Is it possible to try and help me here, I'm really stuck and I want to get it to work.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

you can go to File-> Database Management-> Clear EPIM Sync data and then you can safely delete EPIM Sync and create it again.
That will completely reset the synchronization.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
PVH
Novice

Post by PVH »

I'm really sorry but no matter how many times I try, I keep getting problems with the cloud sync.
I'm using epim for my business and this has cost me a lot of time.

What I do:
I go online (cloud.essentialpim) and delete everything.
I go in epim pro database I reset the sync data
I try to sync and a lot of my stuff doesnt get synced to the cloud (when I check online) even though sync has stopped according to sync status of epim
when i close the program and restart only the partial sync from the cloud gets synced to epim and i lose a lot of data (luckily i do this on test databases)
but can't seem to get it to work
very frustrating
any help other than "delete sync data" cause it doesn't seem to work
I'm pretty close to giving up and look for something else that works and has better sync options (to collaborate with other people to)

Ow yes and a side note.
I don't want to sync everything to the cloud so I have to turn of my internet when i log on to the cloud, change the settings (of what not to sync) and turn internet on again. Otherwise everything gets synced the moment I press OK after logging in to the cloud through epim pro. A bit annoying for me personally, just fyi
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

I would suggest do delete your EPIM Cloud account from EssentialPIM.
I have sent you a new EPIM Cloud account via Private Message. Please make a new EPIM Cloud account in EPIM and use it. If that still does not work, we need an extended log:

Please enable the extended logging feature (in Tools->Options->Synchronization), start EPIM Cloud synchronization.
Logs are in C:\Users\ Your_Windows_Username \AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs for Desktop version and in "Logs" subfolder in case of Portable version.
Please send it to ma@essentialpim... with a link to this topic. Thanks!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
PVH
Novice

Post by PVH »

Every time I try to login to the cloud through epim pro it resets my presets and syncs everything. I don't want my password and notes synced. How do I login for the first time and not get synced completely?
I tried to mail log, but I get bounce mail back.
McArron666
Novice

Post by McArron666 »

I got the same problems with my EPIM Clouth and I send logs and movie to support but since month i have no answer from your support.
I'm using your soft to work too and i need to compare my database with my assistant so it will be nice to answer me.
If no i'll find some other soft to work.