Password Issue After Upgrade

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Sean
Novice

Password Issue After Upgrade

Post by Sean »

Hi,

I'm currently running EPIM Network Edition 6.02 on Windows 7, with the Firebird database on a Windows Server 2008R2 configured as a Domain Controller.

After upgrading from EPIM 5.57 to 6.01 on both the server machine and client machine, all of the Password entries that were previously marked as "Private" are now invisible. All entries that were marked as "Public" are OK/visible.

I noticed that if I logged into the database as "SYSDBA" instead of my usual username, then I could see all of the "Private" password entries once again.

So the Password entries are still in the database, but something went wrong with user access permissions when upgrade from 5.57 to 6.01.

Ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Password Issue After Upgrade

Post by admin »

Sean, sorry for the delayed reply. Please open your database with SYSDBA user and assign all items previously marked as Private to the user they initially belonged to. In this case the user will continue seeing them upon his next login.
And we'll fix the issue in the next update of EPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Sean
Novice

Post by Sean »

OK, thanks for reply.

What menu option do I use to assign a Password item to a specific person? I only see dropdown items for "Public" and "Private" - not specific users.

-Sean
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How many Network licenses do you have? The option to assign items to other users should appear if EPIM is registered with a Network license that allows 2 or more simultaneous network connections at a time.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Sean
Novice

Post by Sean »

Ahh...OK, that makes sense.

I only have one network license at the moment. I'm getting ready to add a new license for my assistant; but first I wanted to segment my passwords into "private" and "public" before giving her access to the EPIM database.

I'll add a new license for her, and then try again.

Thanks!

-Sean
Sean
Novice

Post by Sean »

Hi,

I purchased a 2nd network license today, but I don't understand how to add the new license key to the system. When I go to "About" screen, it looks I still only have once license. Is there a document that explains how to add additional license keys to network edition?