Licence transfer

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Fly2High
Novice

Licence transfer

Post by Fly2High »

Hello,

we bought 5 licences of EssentialPIM Pro Network just a few days ago.
We got 1 licence key for these 5 licences and I used it for 3 Installations up to now.
Now we have to upgrade to Win7 and to re-install EssentialPIM.
How can we transfer the licence from the old installations?
How can we transfer the licence from installations not used any more?

Is there a possibility to deactivate a registration?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Licence transfer

Post by Max »

Hello,

you can safely use the license code on your new machines, as long as old machines do not use EPIM anymore. Its all automatic, you do not need to do anything special.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Fly2High
Novice

Post by Fly2High »

Hello,

i set up a new machine, used the given licenc code and logged on to my account at the epim-database. I left my windows session on this machine.
The next user who logs in his windows session and starts EssentialPIM is asked for the licence-code again.

On other machines I only once had to give in the licencekey and it worked in every windows session.

Where is my mistake by installing it on tis machine? I de-installed the program and installed it again - no difference.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

If EPIM asks for a license- it thinks you are logged in with more users than your license allows. So, please go on each machine and check if it shows "Network 5 licenses" in Help -> About
After this, reboot the server (or just stop-start Firebird server) to drop any stuck connections (if there are any).
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Fly2High
Novice

Post by Fly2High »

I made a mistake in describing the problem on the post before. The problem exists not only on one but on every machine.
Every user has a local account on each machine (domain-account). On each machine a user logs on and starts epim he is asked to put in the licence key even if another user has logged on before to his windows user account on this machine and had already put in the licence key.
What brought me to the wrong description in the post before: When I log on to any windows user account on any machine where I already put in the licence key I can log on to any epim-account then without putting in the licence-key again. (That´s by the way what is expected) Help --> about shows "EssentialPIM Pro 5.82 Network Edition (5 licenses)"

We are 5 user and we have 5 machines where all of us have a local windows account.
Do we simply have to put in the licence key until every combination is done ( would be 25 times in our case)? This would be exponential problem for bigger companies.
Are the licenses user - licenses or device licenses?
What to do?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I am afraid you need to enter the code for each windows account.
Network licenses are per user.
Maxim,
EPIM Team