Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

XineBBSA
Expert

Re: Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Post by XineBBSA »

Hi,

Disabling the Firewall makes no difference.

I think it's something to do with me deleting my old sync file - it's now showing ridiculous IP addresses for connection (ie; NOT my computer);

192.168.56.1:21114, 192.168.0.9:21114, 10.8.3.15:21114

Is there a way I can clear ALL sync data for this? It's clearly not right.. That should show my Computers IP.. (The 0.9 is but what are the other values..?)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The other values might be for some virtual networks in your system.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vbarbour

Post by vbarbour »

I received email showing a newer version, 8.63, than I am running 8.62.1. I click Help and Check For Updates and get this message :

Big Red DNS resolve error
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Likely a temporary glitch for some regions. Please try again.
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

installed 863 update and now get error message : synchronization status ... could not bind socket address and port are already in use. ???
I deleted my Android Samsung synchronization and then set it up again. Same error message. Any Clues?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to increase the port number by one in Tools->Options->Synchronizaton->Your_Android_Device name (say if it's 21114, increase to 21115).
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

I reinstalled 8.63 as administrator, deleted the 2 dll files then copied the updated 2 dll files to the program directory. Seems to be working now but wowza update for me. Thank you, I'll keep this close and try if needed.
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

Man, the hits just keep on coming .... email error messages pile up, auto backup fails, deadlock update conflicts with concurrent update keep happening -- and this is after I reinstalled as administrator and all seemed fine for a little while ... now it's gone haywire. Any fixes to the 863 update? Would it work if I uninstalled 863 and reinstalled the latest 'old' update?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please post screenshots of the error messages.
tjdeep

Post by tjdeep »

I am also experiencing message synchronization issues and have experienced the same on previous EPIM Pro versions. I find that there is a huge gap between messages, and there is no way to just re-synchronize one folder. Clearing out the sync data in 'Database Management' and re-synchronizing creates duplicate folders for the ones provided by the email service provider. It was a major pain to go into each account online and clear out the duplicate folders, and delete each account in EPIM and re-create since the duplicate folders would not go away in EPIM even after removing them online - I stopped using EPIM for many months because of this. I am also missing sent messages sent using the online email service which do not get reflected in EPIM - this same issue existed in previous EPIM Pro versions.

Technical Details:
EPIM Pro Version: 8.63
Windows 10 64bit Pro

Screenshot 1: EPIM Gmail sent folder - Gap in sent dates
1.png
Screenshot 2: Gmail sent folder - there are 3 items in 'flight' with 1 in inbox and 2 in sent. in the above screenshot, only 1 shows up in sent and the email sent via the online provider does not get synchronized
2.png
Expected capability: To be able to re-synchronize any/each folder on demand to address the gaps in messages and dates.

I am happy to do a screen-share for you to see the issue. I will even setup the skype meeting or google meeting.

Looking forward to updates.

Regards.
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

I just don't get it ... EPIM is the only program I am having multiple issues with [since 8.63 update]. In addition to error messages I will post that I have mentioned previously, after reinstalling for the 3rd time [as administrator]
-- I now get like 3-4 copies of the same email hitting my in box [same date/time/subject/message],
-- no database found error message on opening,
-- the program will not minimize - click on the minimize icon and it completely closes
-- multiple epim and email icons appear in the hidden icons systray -- nothing normally appears there...if I click on each email icon separately, both the email icon and epim icon will close
-- plus has anyone noticed in the Contacts View, there is an alpha strip over on the right an nothing happens when you click on any letter. The only way to search is to enter it in the search box.
Status error message on trying to add photos of error messages ?? -- I've tried adding as attachments and drag and drop ... jpg and png. Please advise

Android sync issues / deadlock error message / backup error message / systray icons /
Krask

Post by Krask »

Some time ago i working with epim pro and epim pro net 8.05 and have zero problem - this databases synchro - ok. Then, at home i upgrade 8.05 to 8.63 and at work upgrade 8.05 to 8.63. Home - about programm - 8.63, work - about programm - 8.62.1. Synchro via epim tool ==> problem: 8.62.1 to 8.63: some password not transfer to tree, but i can see it when do search. Some notes also not in tree, but i can not see it via search in notes; plus - some notes without updates from 8.62.1 database. Then i click update button in epim 8.62.1 and upgrade to 8.63. About programm - 8.63. But, synchro problem - not done. Please, how fix this big problem? Epim database synchronizer tool - 8.6 on both computers.
pmj
Experienced

Post by pmj »

To set the stage, I use Gmail, and I filter my email at Gmail. I also use EPIM and Thunderbird, but I don't filter emails at either. Mail is set to IMAP. This configuration has performed without problems for a long time.
At the beginning of September I started using a new Win10 machine.
I installed EPIM Pro 9.3 on the new machine. I was using 9.2/latest on the old machine.
I wasn't able to backup via Dropbox, because there wasn't enough room for the temporary files on my old system.
After closing EPIM on both machines, I copied the entire C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro folder to the new machine. This was about September 3rd.

Everything seemed to be working fine. But within a few hours I noticed that emails after August 31st were no longer filtered. And they're not in the Inbox - only in "All Mail". Checked at the Gmail website - the same. I updated the filters at Gmail by clicking "Also apply filter to matching messages" on the second page of the filter settings. This successfully re-filtered those emails - but within a few hours, again the September emails were no longer filtered. This is also happening to emails that should still be in the Inbox - IE those not subject to a filter. Now they are only in "All Mail". Emails received after I started using the new machine exhibited the same behaviour.

I fully disabled both Thunderbird and EPIM for mail (Account Settings ..... Include this account for receiving mail). I determined it wasn't Gmail.
After testing all the possible combos, updating filters, re-enabling mail at each program, etc, etc, I determined that somehow EPIM is creating this problem. It doesn't happen if I disable EPIM.

Any thoughts?
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please redownload and reinsatall EPIM, that should help.
pmj
Experienced

Post by pmj »

Thank you, this appears to have resolved it.
Peter