Connectivity problems

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

deanathpc
Novice

Connectivity problems

Post by deanathpc »

I have a current EPim pro license and have decided to test out the networking side of this to see if it might be a better fit for my home. I still carry the portable version with me whereever I go.

SO following the instructions I have mapped a drive to the EPim folder on my Windows 2003 server.

I use the IP address for my server
v:\network_test.epim for the database file
Login: SYSDBA
Password of masterkey

The error I get when I to to connect is: unavailable database.
I can connect to it just fine on the server computer. I have opened up UDP/TCP 3050 and 3051 on my router with no luck. I don't run firewalls internally. And I have checked to make sure.

I have done port forwarding and port triggering to be sure that I am not missing something. I have other connections to the server so I know it's not that. Everything says I should be able to do this with a pro license.

What am I missing? What is wrong with my network that gives me the unavailable database error?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Connectivity problems

Post by Max »

Hello!
No drive mapping should be done.
If database is on c:\network_test.epim on the server, this is exactly what you should enter into the client.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
deanathpc
Novice

Re: Connectivity problems

Post by deanathpc »

O.K. I feel like a complete idiot. Misread the directions..

All is well.. Now I have to determine if I really need the network version of if the portable version will be my best choice.

Thanks for the response.

Dean