Problem syncing EPIM Pro with iPod

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
fifer43
Experienced

Problem syncing EPIM Pro with iPod

Post by fifer43 »

I have the latest versions of EPIM Pro and EPIM for iPod. When I sync with my iPod, all To Dos appear one day early, and any event that is an all day event also shows up one day early on my iPod. To make things worse, some all day events show up twice, once on the correct day and once on the next day. Then some all day events show up twice on the same wrong day! This makes EPIM for iOS almost useless.
I also use WeekCal on my iPod and it shows the all day events correctly; it doesn't sync ToDos, so I need to use EPIM for iOS for that. The native iPod calendar also shows all day events correctly, so the problem must lie with EPIM for iOS.
Any suggestions?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Problem syncing EPIM Pro with iPod

Post by Max »

What is your full iOS EPIM version number?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

Version 2.6
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

Just upgraded EPIM Pro to 5.51.It appears that all-day events are now OK, but all To Dos still appear one day early on my iPod. Is this issue being addressed?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I could not reproduce that. Can you please go to File-> Database management and Clear the iOS sync cache?
Then synchronize, if NEW To Dos cause problems, can you please post screenshots from both EPIM and iPod?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

Thanks, I will do that and post back later.
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

I did what you suggested - here are the screen shots for the iPod, then the desktop EPIM.
IMG_0027[1].PNG
IMG_0027[1].PNG (62.78 KiB) Viewed 9405 times
SNAG-13031711503900.png
SNAG-13031711503900.png (71.94 KiB) Viewed 9405 times
As you can see, the iPod screenshot shows the event one day earlier than it should be.

FYI, I sync with Google first and that works the way it should - the event shows correctly. The iOS EPIM gets its info from Google; I don't need to do a separate iOS sync.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you!
Looks like it is fixed in latest build we have. New version of iOS app is pending AppStore approval and will appear soon.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

Thanks. I will check out the newest version and let you know if it works for me.
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

I just downloaded version 2.7 of the iOS app and the issue of the wrong date for to dos still exists. I deleted one of the to dos, synced with Google, checked to see that it had been deleted on my iPod, recreated the to do, and synced again. It still shows up with a completion date 1 day earlier than the correct date. In Google calendar, the to do has the correct date.
There is no point in attaching screen shots, since they are identical to the ones I posted earlier.
I cleared the sync data and synced again - no change; ALL to dos on my iPod have the wrong date, always one day early.
Any other suggestions? Surely someone else syncs to an iPod - am I the only one with this problem?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I may miss something. When you install EssentialPIM on iOS from AppStore, you do not need to synchronize with Google. The best way is to synchronize directly Windows-iOS EPIM
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

I have to sync EPIM desktop with my Google calendar, and at the same time I can sync with my iPod. Otherwise I have to do two separate syncs, one for Google and another for IPod.
When I sync with Google, I sync my calendar, To Do list, and contacts. Any calendar events show up correctly on iOS EPIM; only the To Dos are messed up.
As a test I set up a sync with my iPod using EPIM, and syncing only my To Do list. At the moment that seems to work, but I have to carry out two syncs instead of one - I have to sync with Google because I want all my calendar, contact and To Do info in Google, then I have to sync just my To Do list with iOS EPIM. Why can't it be done in one sync? At the risk of repeating myself, my calendar info syncs perfectly using Google, my contact info syncs perfectly using Google, and only the To Do list gets it wrong. I have no idea where the problem lies, but it seems strange that it is only the To Do list that is wrong. Is Apple making things difficult, or is Google related or iOS EPIM related?
Using two syncs is a work around, not really a solution, but for now I can live with it.
Thanks for working with me on this frustrating problem.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We can try fixing iOS Google sync, but can you please post screenshots from EPIM and from iOS of the incorrect ToDo? We can fix it then.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fifer43
Experienced

Post by fifer43 »

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue. I posted a couple of screen shots for one To Do earlier in this thread; are these OK or do you need something different? Please let me know and I will be happy to send what you want/need.
I do have another issue I would like help with, but I will start a new thread about that.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I there is a misunderstanding. Please answer to below questions to help me understand the problem:
- Are the screenshots above made after you synchronized Windows EPIM and iOS EPIM though google?
- Do you at all use direct sync between Windows EPIM and iOS EPIM over WiFi?
Maxim,
EPIM Team