Does epim really integrate contacts, tasks and calendar?

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
jaiamma
Novice

Does epim really integrate contacts, tasks and calendar?

Post by jaiamma »

Hi All,

Soon I plan to purchase my first android phone 4.0 or 4.1. I'm looking for a real PIM. Does EPIM fully integrate contacts, tasks and calendar? For example, if I call up a contact in EPIM can I assign a task and calendar event to that contact? Can I call up a contact and see all the tasks and calendar events I've assigned to that contact? Can I create a calendar event or task and assign multiple contacts to them?

The real question is EPIM a fully relational database that has linked fields for contacts, tasks and calendar? Or does EPIM just some flat file databases that just displays contacts, tasks and calendar without any real integration between them?

I don't think EPIM is a real PIM (a real PIM links and integrates contacts, tasks and calendar like you would get in a fully relational database). But if I'm wrong I will be very happy! :D Let me know. Thanks! Kind Regards,

Advait
admin
Site Admin

Re: Does epim really integrate contacts, tasks and calendar?

Post by admin »

If you're asking about the Android version (and since you wrote your post in this section of the forum I assume the answer is yes) then I must admit - there's no real integration happening at the moment. But that's something we'll be working on soon. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jaiamma
Novice

Post by jaiamma »

admin wrote:If you're asking about the Android version (and since you wrote your post in this section of the forum I assume the answer is yes) then I must admit - there's no real integration happening at the moment. But that's something we'll be working on soon. Thanks.
OK, thanks for the info. Feel free to send me an email when EPIM for Android gets full integration of contacts, tasks and calendar (like in a relational database with linked fields). Kind Regards,

Advait
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are going to develop the above mentioned modules first (calendar and contacts) and then integration will eventually follow.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!