Sync

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
bdbaldwin

Sync

Post by bdbaldwin »

Epim has some great features, however sync is a major pia. You either need to come up with cloud storage or allow the use of dropbox or some other cloud storage for sync. Evernote (free) syncs perfectly and without any user input. Keepass (again free) syncs perfect by putting the file in dp. Both these services sync between my 3 laptops, 2 tabs and a smart phone without any user imput. EPIM would be the pim of choice if sync worked, I would even be happy to pay (I was a paying user for several years until I needed it to sync between pc and android devices) EPIM syncs fine between laptops by saving the file in dropbox but not having android support without jumping thru a bunch of hoops is useless. At the very least provide usb support so you can just plug in a cable and it auto syncs like the old palm pda's used to. EPIM looks almost identical to the old palm desktop (again free and still available) i'm sure most of the code came from that program so it would be easy to just put that back into the program.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Sync

Post by Max »

Hello,

I am not sure of your suggestion. EPIM does sync over DropBox and it does sync with Android with just 2 touches (start App and press Start), after you set it up of course. No sense comparing it to Palm, since it is a completely different technology.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
bdbaldwin

Re: Sync

Post by bdbaldwin »

Yep it works so good that 6 of the 7 threads this month are about sync problems.