Switching off "move in" for tasks?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Switching off "move in" for tasks?

Post by logies »

We are using many recurrent tasks which should all be outside a hierarchy (no "move in"), because this results in problems. Therefore I have forbidden the use of "move in" for all tasks. But some users are too stupid to follow this rule. I would like to be able to enforce it. E. g. an option (for admin/sysdba?) to switch off "move in" or to hide "<" ">" in the user interface. Is there hope? Thanks!

Changing this afterwards, "move out" of tasks, becomes extremely slow, when the tasklist is big (>10000 tasks in archive) and if many tasks are to be moved out. That`s another reason to get rid of this option. I would like a function to remove hierarchy for all 15000 tasks in my database, if possible.

Another problem in this context is copying/cutting and pasting tasks. When inserting them, how do I avoid that the inserted tasks becomes a sub task of another task in the list?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Switching off "move in" for tasks?

Post by Max »

Hello,

thanks, I see your point. This is the first request of such kind so far. Let's see if there will be more requests for the feature.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
logies
Guru

Post by logies »

Max, could you comment on the last point (I think I edited my comment when you were in the process of answering), thanks!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

When inserting them, how do I avoid that the inserted tasks becomes a sub task of another task in the list?
Currently there is no way to do that, but will try to make this improvement.
Maxim,
EPIM Team