Problem Printing Labels

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

RPMcIntosh

Problem Printing Labels

Post by RPMcIntosh »

I posted this problem earlier, but now can't find it. That MAY be caused by the fact that when I tried to log in, I got a message that I had used an invalid User Name. The Forgot Password option produced no notification, so I reregistered (using the same user name and password that I used previously), and then was permitted to log in.

That said, here is my problem again. My apologies if this appears as a duplicate, since I cannot find the original.

I'm new to Essential PIM, so I may be missing something simple and obvious. But I'm having a big problem trying to print mailing labels. Hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Basic Info: I'm using Essential PIM Pro, Version 8.14. To begin, I applied a filter based on a tag named Mailing Label. I then selected the entire list of names. I then went to TOOLS, chose PRINT LABELS, and then chose SELECTED CONTACTS. I then chose my label, Avery 8160, and chose the fields to be placed on the label (Salutation, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Postal). I chose a font (Ariel) and a size (10), and a color (red). So far, it all looks pretty much like I would expect it to look. However, when I then click the PREVIEW button, I get very strange results. The right number of labels appear. And a few of them look like they should. However, most of them are missing portions, and in the place where the missing portions should be are either squiggly lines, or Contacts "1" or Contacts "2" or all of the above. I've tried to figure out what is different about the entries that appear OK, and those that do not (length of name, etc), but cannot find anything obvious. I'm uploading two images (screen shots) to show what I mean. The first shows the configuration of the label design, and the second shows what I get when I click the PREVIEW button. I've also tried printing the labels with the thought that perhaps some of the data was being truncated, but would print correctly. However, the printed output looks just like the screen shot of the results of clicking the PERVIEW button.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
EssentialPIM01.jpg
EssentialPIM02.jpg