Create Note from within Task

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

geistLich
Experienced

Create Note from within Task

Post by geistLich »

Hi,

to organize myself I have tasks for client-projects. These have child-tasks with simple tasks I have to do. For some tasks I need additionally information I want to store in the note-section. When I want to have a task and a note linked, I first need to create both manually.

Please add the following functionality to the window "Insert Hyperlink"
On the left side I go within my note tree to the destination. There maybe I want to create empty notes, if they not exist. E.g. within the List "My-Company" I want to create a note with the name "client x". And as child a note "task y".
- you can create notes on the left tree-view with a right-click from within the note-section ("create empty note")
- also, when you are within the note tree, on the right in the "Items"-section a right-click might be helpfull
- and finally a button below on the right of "Details" with label "add empty note". When on the tree left no note is selected, it is invisible or deactivated. Since it makes no sense for this button when within the calender-tree.

The advantage of this would be to create immediately a corresponding note for each task.

The thing to discuss here is here:
Does this make sense? Why do we need a note for a task? In my case I only want to store task-realted information within the task. Everything should be short there. There I have links to my project-management-tool (e.g. for booking in project-time for accounting) and to my note. In the note I store detail-information for the task, e.g. notes on how to code something or links to better understand the case.