Gmail / POP = not all emails are downloaded

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Frenchguy

Gmail / POP = not all emails are downloaded

Post by Frenchguy »

Hello,

Problem is simple: I connect 2 of my Gmails with EPIM Free and POP3 parameters, and... I see I only get teh emails from "MAIN" Gmail directory, as Gmail is making a first organization of my emails...
I receive NONE emails from "SOCIAL NETWORK" nor "PROMOTIONS" nor "NOTIFICATIONS (ADVICES in English?) subcategories.
I also have non mails from Gmail folders I created myself either...

I had a similar problem with my hotmail account, no mails put in subfolders were caught... I simply moved them and delete my subfolders.
As my final aim is just and only to have my emails in USB drive, and not anymore online...

Problem, is I can't fully flip to 100% EPIM for my emails because not 100% of Gmails emails can be caught there...

I guess another people had the same issue ?
Any tips?
:roll:
(I use "Global folder Option", so IMAP is not working with this, and IMAP can't delete mails after XX days either... so IMAP ain't a solution to me)

THANX
Max
Site Admin

Re: Gmail / POP = not all emails are downloaded

Post by Max »

Hello,

POP3 allows to download only emails from Inbox, but not other folders/categories. This is fundamental principle of the protocol. If you want to download more than Inbox folder, you need to use IMAP.
Maxim,
EPIM Team