RECENT CALENDAR ENTRIES DISAPPEARED AFTER REBOOT

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

sala-marie
Novice

RECENT CALENDAR ENTRIES DISAPPEARED AFTER REBOOT

Post by sala-marie »

Hi.
The Title says it all, really.
Although only about 50% of them and only for this month [August]
But the remaining ones may have been entered a while ago !

I had an idea that backups were taken automatically on a daily basis, but not sure where to find them to try that out.

Or are they only taken on a 'Shutdown' ?
Max
Site Admin

Re: RECENT CALENDAR ENTRIES DISAPPEARED AFTER REBOOT

Post by Max »

Hello,

EPIM has never lost data because of database. It may have happened due to external sync, when data was deleted on external service and then in EPIM due to sync.
Regarding backups- go to Tools-> Options-> Backup and see where backups are stored.
Attention- turn off Internet connection before opening the backup file- if it contains the data, sync may delete it again.
Please also check "Trash" module.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
sala-marie
Novice

Re: RECENT CALENDAR ENTRIES DISAPPEARED AFTER REBOOT

Post by sala-marie »

Thanks Max. I still don't know how it happened, because I don't sync with anything or anyone.
But all is good now.
Because I hadn't heard back from anyone, and I'm an impatient sort of person, I took a chance and re-loaded from the ROD-7.EPIM file, as it had the latest date and time stamp on it,............ and it all was there !
I would still like to know why there are ROD-6 and also ROD-7 files with the same date etc on them ?
My other question is to ask if I upgrade to the Paid for 'PRO', in order to get better Support etc, can I still run my older version of the program, which is 6.58 ? Or will I have to use the latest Version ?