Phone extensions of contact no longer sent to dialer

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Lizzie
Novice

Phone extensions of contact no longer sent to dialer

Post by Lizzie »

Hi,

I'm using EssentialPIM for Android 5.5.1, free version
the phone runs Android 6.0 (Moto G 3rd gen)

Before, when "tapping" the phone number of a contact in the Contact module of Epim, it would launch the dialer with the full phone number, including the extension (format 999-999-9999;1111). After dialing the number, the dialer would ask if it should dial the extension(1111), so I could ok it when appropriate according to the automated message.

I'm not sure if this began with this last update or the one before, but for some time now epim only sends the phone number (the 999-999-9999 part) without the extension to the dialer. :(

The dialer still recognizes extensions when I add the contact directly to the phone's contacts, so the problem is with Epim. I don't think I've changed any settings and the phone numbers were working before and have not been changed.

Please help, this is causing a lot of trouble.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Phone extensions of contact no longer sent to dialer

Post by admin »

Do you enter the number into the phone field for a contact same way you described: 999-999-9999;1111?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Lizzie
Novice

Post by Lizzie »

Yes, the phone numbers were entered in format "999-999-9999;1111".

Like I said, it was working before.

I prefer " ; " so I can "ok" at the appropriate time. " , " doesn't work well with all automated messages (since it's only a pause) but after reading your question I got curious and tried with the "999-999-9999,1111" format. Unfortunately, same problem, the extension doesn't make it to the dialer.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting, we are not able to reproduce the problem, as the extensions get transferred to the dialer without any problems on our side. Will double check this issue on a Moto phone and try to fix this in the next update.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Lizzie
Novice

Post by Lizzie »

The last update resolved the issue.

Thanks