Cannot sync Airbnb bookings/calendar with ICS feed

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

Re: Cannot sync Airbnb bookings/calendar with ICS feed

Post by Max »

Hello,

please remember- it is a synchronization! Which means, that if anything changes in feed- that will reflect in EPIM.
Can you please also send me the feed URL so that I could check and compare with your screenshot.
If you believe changes in EPIM happen without changes in iCal- would be good to understand what's triggering this.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Hi Max
The feed URL is the same one that I sent you in a PM before, but I have sent it again in a New PM
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you. I have a question: you said "and now I can change the colour no problem". You are not supposed to change color (category) on iCal subcription items. Can you tell how you do it?
One reason why color may changed- is because the color of category changed- and that might be influenced by other synchornziations. Check if iCal subscription items still have the same Category.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

I am not changing the category, I simply changed the "Assigned colour" in the subscription settings window, as described before.

- First, the assigned colour wasn't saved
- Then, after deleting an re-creating the synchronisation, I could change the colour, and the imported iCal items were shown in that colour
- Then the colour disappeared in the imported Airbnb iCal items
- Then the red minus icons appeared

What does the red minus icon mean?
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Just wondered if you saw my response to your last post
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We were not able to reproduce the isse with "red minus" icon. It should not appear.
When you delete the Subscription (via Tools-> Options-> Subscriptions) it also deletes all events that belong to subscription.
To conclude- I wonder how exactly to reproduce the issue with "red minus".
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Good news!
Today all the Airbnb calendar items are in the assigned colour and the red minus item has disappeared from all bookings - except in the case of the current booking. I imagine Airbnb changed something.
Looks like the different colour and minus sign was created by Airbnb to show that the events couldn't be changed. Before, that was the case with all bookings, which didn't make sense, but just the current booking makes a lot more sense.
I will keep an eye on the situation to see if the colour of the current booking changes when the guests have gone and whether the colour changes for the next guests.
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

I figured out what the minus signs were - the imported Airbnb events were stored as read only. If I de-select Read-Only in the Edit menu, the minus sign disappears.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

That's the problem- you should not be able to remove "Read only" flag from items that came via Subscriptions.
Can you confirm that those events came with iCal Subscription made with Files-> Subscriptions-> Add Calendar?
Also can you make a screenshot of how namele you remove the "Read only" flag?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Yes, I created the subscription in the menu, where you said.

I'm afraid I can't show you a screenshot as there are no more events with the minus sign - I removed the read-only flag by de-selecting Read-Only in the Edit menu, just as if I had created the events myself rather than importing them from a feed. Maybe it shouldn't have been be possible, but it was ;-)

Incidentally, the calendar icon that usually appears in imported events was missing from the events in my Airbnb subscription - a few had the read-only flag but most had no icon at all and looked like calendar items I had created myself. The imported events could not be edited, but it was possible to remove the read-only flag from the events that had it.

BTW, what happened when you used my feed URL back in June? Did it work perfectly, or did you have problems as well? I wondered if there was generally a problem with Airbnb feeds back then.

Anyway, I was only reporting for your information as the problem has disappeared...
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

With your link it works perfectly on my tests- events have correct icon and I am not able to remove "read-only" flag. That's why this case is a mystery to us so far.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Works perfectly for me too now. Maybe there was a problem with the Airbnb feed back in June