Background Colors of Pages in Notes

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

vdette

Background Colors of Pages in Notes

Post by vdette »

Hello Everybody,

When I opened by chance a year old epim database file, I remarked, that there was a background color of a "whole page" in Notes, that means the color covered the page up to the margin of the page. Also when You scroll, the page has the same color. I shurely know, that there was in a former release a way to change the color of the whole page.

When i saved the file to a newer format, the "whole page background color" disappeared. Now You can only change the background color of a paragraph and/or single lines (or have I missed something?). I liked to have the whole page colored. The benefit?
  • It gave me the chance to dim contrasts by choosing a slight grey background without printing this later.
  • It marked pages as very important (e.G. important data from my car on a page with a slight red background). I do that now with colored tabs, but not as efficient.
  • I created just some sort of "color-gradients" for pages to label items, that belong together (e.g. slight green for easy works and tasks, greener green for more difficult tasks and so on.)

Like I said. You can even nowadays read old databases and You'll see the feature!, but You cannot preserve it, nor change it.

So my suggestion is to bring this feature back to EPIM, because the feature was already part of EPIM. Would be very nice.

Best Regards