EPIM 7.23: Restore from Backup failing after updates of EPIM?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

EPIM 7.23: Restore from Backup failing after updates of EPIM?

Post by logies »

Just an observation: I think I started with EPIM Pro Business 7.2, then 7.21, 7.22, 7.23, updating from within the program. When starting with 7.2, I had to restore a few times from backup, which was flawless. But restore from a new backup under 7.23 failed ("unsupported on-disk structure for file"). The solution for me was to stop both firebird services and to do a full, new installation over the existing one for EPIM and Firebird (no data or customization was lost). Then restore from backup worked. Can anybody confirm this? I had no luck using using "EPIM Synchronizer" in my multi-user environment, the resulting database could only be opened by SYSDBA, not by another user ("no permission for read/select access to TABLE DBPARAMS"). Can anybody comment on this? Support from EPIM has already be involved, and I just closed the case, but I think this may be interesting for others, too, because it were some stressful hours... Thanks, Michael.
Attachments
error-message.gif
error-message.gif (5.6 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
error-message3.gif
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM 7.23: Restore from Backup failing after updates of EPIM?

Post by Max »

This may have to do with different versions of Firebird embedded. For this to occur, a highly unlikely sequence of events had to occur. This will be fixed with next version release.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

panic mode, same issue. Did Backup just prior to installing latest update EPIM Pro -- running Win10 64 bit.
When I start the update, calender entries are not correct [drops deletions / changes and does not reflect latest entries / appointments] and email is messed up -- it's almost like the backup is several days old and other backups are overwritten. This is really frustrating. I seem to recall this happened before with another update. Please advise
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Your V Gal, the problem is not fully clear. If you made a backup one day ago, but the backup contains data back several days- that sounds fantastic to say at least. It is not clear what happened to the original file, why can't you use that?
Maxim,
EPIM Team