Message Rules - Convert email to task automatically?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Message Rules - Convert email to task automatically?

Post by logies »

Hello, with Outlook/Public Sharefolder the following worked: A client is calling, nobody has time to answer the call in this very moment. The answering machine within the router takes the call, emails the *.wav to my address, an incoming mail filter forwards the mail into the public mail folder everybody is seeing (Public Sharefolder), the call is answered by somebody, the public mail is deleted then by this person. For emulating this function I would need a message rule allowing to convert an incoming mail with attachment into a public task with attachment automatically. The message rule module could use the task templates which already exist. I see some potential for triggering all kind of tasks by email. Anybody interested besides me in such a function? Any perspective of being realized?
I think this should be easier to implement than a public mail folder everybody can see (and write to) and would be more versatile. It has not to be perfect, e. g. due day has not to be taken from the email. Forwarding the above email to all people in my office would be possible, I assume but this would result in an inferior workflow because then again the person anwering the call would have to send a message to all other persons with "call answered", which would result in too much clutter and guess work.

Thanks!

Michael