Bulk move of tasks to other due days?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Bulk move of tasks to other due days?

Post by logies »

EssentialPIM already offers View/By Due Date for lists of tasks. Then it should be possible to move marked/highlighted tasks with the mouse to this exact date, changing all due dates of all moved tasks together. I was using this with Outlook all the time, because I move a lot of unfinished tasks from day to day. There is a workaround: I can throw the tasks all together with the mouse on one task of the next day, they become children, which I then can move to the left together. But that`s clumsy. Or am I missing something? Thanks, Michael.
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Bulk move of tasks to other due days?

Post by MetalDrop »

The one thing I can think of is If you have the tasks shown in the calendar, then you can shift click and drag groups of tasks around there. Which will change their due dates automatically. Though it's not practical if you have more than just a small handful of tasks. Unfortunately you can't select groups of tasks from the calendar task list in the calendar and drop them on a new date. As of right now it seems that if you select a group of tasks on the calendar task list and drop them on a date it will only move a single task and not all selected. Which feels like a bug, as the expected behavior would be that all select items would be moved to that date.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
logies
Guru

Post by logies »

Thanks, MetalDrop. But using the calendar for tasks would be too much clutter for me. Using View/By Due Date has the disadvantage of temporarily suspending the folder structure, listing all tasks together - this should be changed with another context menu entry for "View/By Date" so that only the part of the tree I`m in or I have marked with "shift click" is organized this way.

Most welcome would be another context menu entry for bulk changing the due date of tasks. Or even better: An entry for bulk changing "All fields" of an task below "Priority, Completion...Read only".
logies
Guru

Post by logies »

My solution at the moment: The 200 or so tasks I`m moving from day to day are in a private subfolder (=a task with other tasks below it). All tasks are grouped per day. I make another private task for tomorrow and then throw the folder with the tasks of today on it. All dates are changed and I only have to move the subfolder outside - all tasks below will move with it.