Google Sync does not work

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
ratisboner

Google Sync does not work

Post by ratisboner »

Hello Epim comunity,
I originally had a license until EPIM 5.8 RC2 portable, which I have been using for a few years until now. I use it on my computer at the office with EPIM Portable. Because of strong network limitations, I can only sync via CalDAV with my Google Calendar. USB, Bluetooth and WLAN sync to my Android smartphone does not work.
EPIM is my only known way to make a calendar sync to my Gcalendar at all.

My solution is to sync from Outlook to EPIM and then from EPIM to Google via CalDAV. Then I get the current data via Google to my smartphone.

Now I have decided to upgrade and purchased a lifelong update license.

With the new EPIM 7.13, however, I have problems to sync.
The Outlook sync with Exchange works.
For the google sync I have chosen the same access data as EPIM 5.8, I now get an entry from EPIM to Google, but not from Google to Epim:

I started with a completely new database, synchronizing the appointments from Outlook to EPIM 7.13. I was resetting the hole Google calendar, quit all connected calendars from my account, so the Google calendar was also empty. Then I imported the new appointments (from Outlook) with oneway sync from Epim into the blank Google Calendar. So far it's ok.
Wenn I set the sync as a two way sync back to Epim. All appointments in EPIM 7.13 are completely deleted, in Google the appointments however exist.
The sync works from EPIM to Google, but not vice versa. As soon as I sync two-way, in EPIM all appointments are deleted - but they remain in Google Calendar. When I start again a oneway sync from EPIM to Google, then there are duplicate appointments created in Google. EPIM 7.13 can not read the Google Calendar.

I tried the same procedure with EPIM 5.8, and this works however.
From Outlook to EPIM 5.8, from EPIM 5.8 to Google oneway sync, then EPIM 5.8 - Google twoway sync, the appointments can be synced from Google via EPIM to Outlook and vice versa.

Has anyone any advice, how to set up sync with EPIM 7.13?

Greetings from Ingolstadt
Tom
Windows 10 64 bit @Home - Windows 7 Pro 64bit @Office - EPIM Portable Pro - lifetime Licence - Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.0.1 - Android APP EssentialPim Pro 4.2.6
Max
Site Admin

Re: Google Sync does not work

Post by Max »

Hello Tom,

just in case- I am not sure that using one-way sync to push items from EPIM to Outlook was a good idea. You should have used 2-way synchronization and continue with 2-way syncs all the time.
Also, please keep in mind that synchronizations are made to have consistant data in EPIM, not to act like an intermediary in synchronizations with Outlook/Google.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ratisboner

Post by ratisboner »

Hi Max,

this doesn't solve my problem. I've used EPIM 5.8 for some years now to sync my office with my personal data from Outlook to Google and vice versa, and it works - but not with EPIM 7.13.
As I already wrote, the Outlook sync works. The problem is, that I can push my items to Google but I don't get data from Google to EPIM 7.13, but it works with EPIM 5.8, same setup - so what's different or wrong?
So my question is, why does it work with an older version of EPIM to understand how to setup the latest Version to get my data synced?
Windows 10 64 bit @Home - Windows 7 Pro 64bit @Office - EPIM Portable Pro - lifetime Licence - Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.0.1 - Android APP EssentialPim Pro 4.2.6
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

5.8 version was released 2.5 years ago. It is virtually impossible to say why Google sync is working on that old version for you as you expect it to. During 2.5 years probably 50% of code is re-written. As mentioned above, EssentialPIM is not desiged as an intermediary synchronization tool between different services.
If you still believe it should be working on 7.13- we need a way to reproduce the error in order to fix it. The easiest way would be to get your database where the issue appears so that we could synchronize it to another google account and reproduce the issue.
Maxim,
EPIM Team