linking tasks with contacts

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

linking tasks with contacts

Post by Guest »

I would be very happy if when I insert a new task I can refer to one person in my contact list.

For example, tomorrow at 10.00AM I will have an appointment with Mr. Bean; I expect to automatically fill a box in the task window to retrieve Mr. Bean name from the contact list.

It seems strange to me that such a feature is not already available...

Maybe am I distract so that I have not noticed that this feature is already present in PIM?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi, this is not implemented yet. Can you elaborate- in what would it better then simply writing Mr Bean in the task details...?
Maxim,
EPIM Team

Post by Guest »

Can you elaborate- in what would it better then simply writing Mr Bean in the task details...?

Here some suggestions which explain why can be useful the linking:
1) In contacts module: I can view all the tasks referring to Mr Bean;
2) In task module: in an appointment task box, I can quicky access to Mr Bean record in contacts list to send him an email or make a phone to cancel the appointement or change its date/time.
Winfried
Novice

Post by Winfried »

Anonymous wrote:1) In contacts module: I can view all the tasks referring to Mr Bean;
2) In task module: in an appointment task box, I can quicky access to Mr Bean record in contacts list to send him an email or make a phone to cancel the appointement or change its date/time.
I find this could be a very good new feature and I missed it before. But with the words of our guest it would clearly first what I want: the first point above is very helpful and the second point is a crying need - now I know it.
About not to complicate the input of a task I suggest the following notation: "Bean:" (therefore NAME or any other term which I could input in the Find-field of contacts followed by a colon) should be enough for point two.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you guys, clear enough. We will get back to it when its this feature's turn.
Maxim,
EPIM Team