can't sync to my android , can you help me please?

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Giulia
Experienced

can't sync to my android , can you help me please?

Post by Giulia »

Hi

i 'm running essentialPim free 6.52 , i installed the last version of essential pim for android

and i got always the same error "unable to connect to the server ,check firewall settings...."

disabled and uninstalled eset smart security , disabled w7 firewall

here my steps by steps , both my pc and my phone are connected to the same router
1)

2)

3)

now i go to my mobile -> essential pim ->sync -> i can see the name and 192.168.0.3:21114 match ,are the same on my device

i got always the same error

can you please help me?
admin
Site Admin

Re: can't sync to my android , can you help me please?

Post by admin »

Looks like you're doing everything correctly. Please see here for more tips: http://www.essentialpim.com/help/index. ... oting2.htm
If it still doesn't work, please try alternative connection methods: http://www.essentialpim.com/help/synchr ... _cable.htm
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Giulia
Experienced

Post by Giulia »

admin wrote:Looks like you're doing everything correctly. Please see here for more tips: http://www.essentialpim.com/help/index. ... oting2.htm
If it still doesn't work, please try alternative connection methods: http://www.essentialpim.com/help/synchr ... _cable.htm
hi
i was able to do it

i 'm geting the essential pim pro , is amazing , but can't i set a password to access to essential pim for android?

i don't know if it's better EssentialPIM Pro (Desktop/Portable) $39.95 or EssentialPIM Pro lifetime license $79.95

by the way , it's insane that after $79.95 , i should pay for the android pro version too
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, glad you made it working. Password for the whole app is available only in the Pro Android version.
Lifetime license is better if you plan to use the program for more than couple of years and prefer to have the latest version available at your disposal. Keep in mind Android EPIM Pro license is the lifetime one, as well. Thanks!
patrick1981
Novice

Post by patrick1981 »

I can only sync after manually turning off my Windows Firewall on my computer. This is a lot of trouble and a security hazard.

Two questions:

1.Does the app error message, "Check firewall settings on your computer" actually mean "Turn off firewall"?

2.What is the firewall setting that would allow sync without disabling the firewall completely?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Windows firewall divides your connection into 2 different parts:
- private networks
- public networks
Please make sure you enable incoming connections for EssentialPIM (Advanced settings->Inbound rules) as for private as for public networks. Or you can delete the existing rule, restart EssentialPIM and create a new one.
Giulia
Experienced

Post by Giulia »

admin wrote:Windows firewall divides your connection into 2 different parts:
- private networks
- public networks
Please make sure you enable incoming connections for EssentialPIM (Advanced settings->Inbound rules) as for private as for public networks. Or you can delete the existing rule, restart EssentialPIM and create a new one.
thanks in late
but yes i had this problem
thank you so much , really very appreciate it :D