EPIM Pro & Android

This forum lists success stories of EPIM users. If you find EPIM useful- welcome to post here!
erkanaksoy

EPIM Pro & Android

Post by erkanaksoy »

Hello,
Today I have bought EPIM Pro, actually PC version is great. But one of my reasons to buy this product was synchronizing PC app with android (note 3, 4.4kitkat). It looks like this is not possible, what i have found is sync over wifi,bluetooth or cable.
Am I missing a point here? Is it possible to sync when my PC and Android are not close (even my pc is off)?
If what I am looking for is not possible, whats the return policy?
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Pro & Android

Post by admin »

When you PC is turned off then there's no EssentialPIM running and therefore no way to perform a sync. You can, however, sync via third party services like Google Tasks. Return policy can be found here:
http://www.essentialpim.com/buy/sales-policy
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

erkanaksoy wrote:It looks like this is not possible, what i have found is sync over wifi,bluetooth or cable.
Is possible, there are many users that do this successful every day. I think WiFi is the easiest way to synchronize. BUT to synchronize both machines have to be on the same WiFi-network AND both machines must be turned on.
Also you have to start the sync on the PC first and than the sync on the mobile, that is the best way to be successful.
erkanaksoy wrote:Am I missing a point here? Is it possible to sync when my PC and Android are not close (even my pc is off)?
What is close and what not? As long as the can "see" each other there is no problem. Most important is how strong is the WiFi signal. You can sync while both devices are 6 meters from each other. But as stated before, you have to start the sync on both devices, so it is better when they are close to each other, but it is not necessary.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
Joel1245
Novice

Post by Joel1245 »

I purchased a subscription to the cloud service that EPIM offers. I was thinking that I would be able to sync both my PC and Android files using the cloud but I don't see any cloud sync offered on the Android Pro version so it doesn't sync with the cloud file? If not, that doesn't seem like it was thought out very well. Up to now, I was using another PIM that had a cloud service where both the PC and Android synced with the cloud file but with EPIM, I can sync the desktop version to the cloud file but the Android file has to sync to the PC file? Seems a bit backward. May have to reconsider. Wish I had known that up front.

Joell
Joel1245
Novice

Post by Joel1245 »

You guys really do need to get the mobile versions to sync to the cloud as well to add value to the subscription.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, synchronization with Google will be added in the next major version.
henwri
Novice

Post by henwri »

That would be great!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The new 3.8 version is out. Feel free to try it. Thanks!