How to colour and handle several google calendars?

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
mtibes

How to colour and handle several google calendars?

Post by mtibes »

Hello,

I'm new to EPIM and it looks like a good program to handle all essential PIM tasks. I have some questions about the calendar though, maybe someone can help me with these?

I have several google calendars which I would like to separate by colours - for example my business calendar being green and my private one being yellow. I have successfully set up the calendars, I have couloured them by putting each one in a different category with its own colour and everything looks nice - but when I create a new apointment it will still be white... Also I haven't understood how to assign a new apointment to a specific calendar, it automatically gets written to my business calendar. How do I handle this? Or is it the 'wrong thinkinging' here and EPIM has a somewhat different structure that I haven't understood?

Thanks for your help,

Michael
mattz
Guru

Re: How to colour and handle several google calendars?

Post by mattz »

Not sure what you're asking (and I don't use google calendars) but if it's working with categories that is confusing...

when and appointment is created, its category defaults to "None" (white)...
this can be changed within the appointment window...
2015-04-03_115735.jpg
now, if you want all appointments to default to a certain category/color, you need to set up a template and designate it as the default...
this can be done from an appointment that's been set up as you want default to be...
2015-04-03_121309.jpg
then...
2015-04-03_121356.jpg
Note: you need EssentialPIM Pro to work with categories.

HTH,
Matt Z.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EssentialPIM Pro 6.05 on Win7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
EssentialPIM Pro 3.7.2 on Android 4.1.2 (LG Optimus F3 - T-Mobile)