Hotkey for shortcut to contacts

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

offmdan
Beta Team

Hotkey for shortcut to contacts

Post by offmdan »

Any geek out there who knows how to create a link or hotkey to access directly contacts from EssentialPIM ?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sorry, I am not a geek, but will try to answer:) Do you need to call up contacts module by shortcut? That's CTRL+3.
Or you meant something different?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
offmdan
Beta Team

Post by offmdan »

Max, i'm looking for a way to have direct access to contacts from taskbar without having to open EPIM. See, right now when using Copernic's Desktop Search i can type a name and instantly search any contact in my Outlook or OE addressbook. EPIM is so much quicker to work with as a program. This hotkey would be a great way to give me another reason to get away from bloated Outlook even more!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sorry, could you elaborate, what would you expect the program do on the shortcut? I am just a little bit confused- you want access to contacts, but without contacts window?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
offmdan
Beta Team

Post by offmdan »

Okay Max.

If a hotkey could be made, bringing me directly to the contacts section with possibility of executing an immediate search or (this would probably be a feature request) to set EPIM to start up with contacts section as default.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

OK, clear enough. We might add an option to choose the default module on startup.
Maxim,
EPIM Team