Getting false error message

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

robert baker

Getting false error message

Post by robert baker »

I purchased and installed the Network version and installed the Firebird server on my Windows 2012 server and all works as expected.

However, I wrote a little program to update the EssentialPIM Firebird database with my old ACT6 data and this works as long as I open EssentialPIM first, If I have FlameRobin, or Delphi or my program open first and then attempt to open EssentialPIM I get "You need network license to connect to EPIM Server." :( If I then close my program and open EssentialPIM and then open my program all works fine. :) Please advise my if there is a way to resolve getting this false error message.

Thank you Robert Baker
Max
Site Admin

Re: Getting false error message

Post by Max »

Hello Robert,

most probably you have purchased 1 Network license. In this case it allows only 1 concurrent logged in user. Maybe that is the problem?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
robert baker

Post by robert baker »

I initially licensed two copies of EssentialPIM PRO but only licensed one network license as my 2nd connection is NOT with EssentialPIM. I will be happy to pay another $20 for a 2nd license but I'm not convinced that this will solve the issue since my 2nd connection is with a utility I wrote and or the freeware utility FlameRobin. I'll go ahead and purchase the 2nd license and see if this works but how will the Firebird server be able to check the validity of the license since the client will NOT be EssentialPIM?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

PMed you with trial key.
Maxim,
EPIM Team