Google Calendar and recurrent appoinments

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
caroig

Google Calendar and recurrent appoinments

Post by caroig »

Most of my Google Calendar consists of recurrent weekly appointments. I often use the Description field for notes about a particular event, or sometimes an appointment is canceled so I delete an occurrence from the calendar. Unfortunately, EPIM cannot cope with these updated appointments and always displays the updated appointment next to the recurrent one as a brand new entry.

I find it hard to believe this issue hasn't been fixed for so many years. I once bought EPIM (I guess the version number was about 2.5) but then stopped using it because of this issue. Out of curiosity I Install the latest version of EPIM say every half a year, create a brand new EPIM data file, enter my Google account login and check whether the calendar gets synced properly. I always get disappointed. So I immediately uninstall EPIM out of my system.

This issue has never occurred in any other software I've checked. Even the dumb Win 8 Metro Calendar app can sync Google Calendar properly. Is there any effort to fix this? Or I you aware of it? I would be happy too use EPIM as my primary Calendar/Mail/Contact app but this is a deal breaker.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Google Calendar and recurrent appoinments

Post by Max »

Hi,

EPIM improves constantly in other areas. Improving this issue will require a lot of efforts, at the same time we have got other much more demanded improvement and new feature requests. So, yes, we of course remember and plan to fix it, but probably it is best done with a major update of a calendar.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
robi
Guru

Re: Google Calendar and recurrent appoinments

Post by robi »

Max, I beg you to prioritize this.
It is not a simple feature to add, it's a major issue, it is THE issue of your program, can be a deal breaker as Caroig said.
I'm sorry but you're bound to fix it ; I am willing to pay if it can speed up things.
Olivier