Sync with iCloud problem

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
Eppo
Novice

Sync with iCloud problem

Post by Eppo »

After having problems with synchronizing contacts using the iOS EPIM App (and never receiving an answer to a detailed error report that I submitted), I am now trying the iCloud method.

After I created a new synchronization entry, entered my credentials, selected only Calendar to sync and 'Auto sync on program start', the SyncForm appears, showing <Initializing synchronization> for a few seconds, then the message <Cannot create file "F:\1.txt". The device is not ready> appears?

Minor detail: drive F: is my DVD RW Drive with no media inserted.

Any ideas?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Sync with iCloud problem

Post by Max »

Sorry for late reply, just redownload from http://www.essentialpim.com/get-epim, the problem should be fixed.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Eppo
Novice

Post by Eppo »

Sorry for the late reply from this side as well.

With the newer version (5.52) at least (some form of) synchronization takes place, which is better than before.

However, it looks to be still far from optimal as it is quite unclear which (phone or email) field in Epim maps to which field in the iCloud (and vice versa) and (phone or email) fields that are added on either side do not show up on the other side, unfortunately rendering it unusable for any practical use as far as I am concerned. Or am I doing something wrong?

I do have the Epim App installed on my iOS devices, but cannot use it because of the requirement to have iTunes installed on the PC, so the route via iCloud seems like a nice way around that, however, not yet unfortunately.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Can you please give some samples where data in EPIM does not correspond to iCloud? Some screenshots would be best. We can then fix the issues.
Maxim,
EPIM Team