Export/import ICS file from/to EPIM

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
roze
Novice

Export/import ICS file from/to EPIM

Post by roze »

I am using EPIM for several years, but now I guess I must stop :( .
EPIM does not make a reliable and functional sync between PC and Google account.

I tried to resolve this manual by first sync between EPIM-> Google...

When I see all my Calendars items in Calendars/Table I see in status bar of EPIM summary 1269 items.
When I export all my Calendars categories to CSV I see message window about exported 1269 items.
When I export all my Calendars categories to iCal I see message window about exported 94 items. # OK, OK - I have a lot of 'out of date' items or repeating items, but ...->

If I do import of exported iCal file to the new EPIM base so expectedly a lot of calendar items is missing.
The attempts with export/import I did out of despairy. EPIM wasn't s able to make proper first sync with my Google account.
I thought I do EPIM export and then import to Google, but it is not possible for missing items in the exported iCal file.

I tried this wit EPIM 5.03 and also wirt EPIM 5.5 Beta2.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13220&p=55515#p55515
Max
Site Admin

Re: Export/import ICS file from/to EPIM

Post by Max »

Is the only complaint about Google sync is the problem with characters (like here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13220&p=55515#p55515 ). Or are there any other problems (if yes- please describe)?
When exporting to iCal you should make sure you export the whole period and all categories.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
roze
Novice

Post by roze »

Primary problem - I wasn't able to do sync EPIM-> Google without garbled national characters viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13220&p=55515#p55515.
So, I looking other Czech users of EPIM. I want to discuss this problem also with them.

But this thread is about iCal...
my question here is about different count of exported items in CSV and iCal files.
When I see all my Calendars items in Calendars/Table I see in status bar of EPIM summary 1269 items.
When I export all my Calendars categories to CSV I see message window about exported 1269 items.
When I export all my Calendars categories to iCal I see message window about exported 94 items.
Is it OK?

Yes, I know ->
When exporting to iCal you should make sure you export the whole period and all categories.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

It is difficult to comment until we see the database. You can send it to ma@essentialpim...
Maxim,
EPIM Team