Android version, Device and EPIM Sync compatibillity

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
Allekz
Guru

Android version, Device and EPIM Sync compatibillity

Post by Allekz »

What is the Android version supported for Sync? I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 Mini, with Androd 2.1, and hardly tried to install EPIM Sync but I couldn't in anyway. Is the version or my device type what is incompatible?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android version, Device and EPIM Sync compatibillity

Post by admin »

Android 2.1 should still be compatible. Is there an error message you're geting during installation?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Allekz
Guru

Post by Allekz »

No, no error message. It's strange, 'couse neither Google Play can be installed in my Xperia 10 mini. When I upgrade the software, Market doesn't change to Google Play. And Market does'nt show EPIM for Android in my Xperia (Google Play does at my PC, but it refuses to install on my Xperia, simply it greys out).

So I've tried to install it manually (downloading form http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=android& ... m_download), using some other installation tools (BlueStacks, Wondershare MobileGo, etc.), but even when it seems to be installed on my phone, as these tools tell, there is no EPIM icon, and it doesn't appears in the apps list.

I suppose it's a matter of hardware (not software) compatibility, because this particular mini-phone, although works under Android 2.1, have a smaller screen than a normal phone. Maybe...

I'm considering to install a ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=726) and upgrade my Android to a custom version. If I do so, I'll tell you. If you can recommend a specific ROM, I'll appreciate it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there any official ROMs with Android 2.2 and above for your phone? If yes, I'd recommend to start with them. If no, then any good looking and stable custom rom should do the trick. GingerDX looks ok from the link you mentioned.
Allekz
Guru

Post by Allekz »

Just to let you know, I gave up. Something is wrong with my Xperia 10 mini that it just can't intall some supported apps, as it should. But the good news is that it syncs great with Google. It isn't so hard to sync my EPIM first with Google and then with my Android, as I thought before, with no problem at all about fields mapping. I'm really HAPPY with my Xperia and EPIM!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad you found a solution :) With regards to inability to install the app even by downloading the APK file directly from us - I suppose you have the Unknown sources checkbox checked in system settings?
Allekz
Guru

Post by Allekz »

Yeap, it was checked.

I'n new to Android, and perhaps I did something wrong in the process of rooting and upgrading, so I couldn't get it uper than 2.1, but I don't mind. It works, and it works great. Thank you!
Allekz
Guru

Post by Allekz »

At last I could upgrade my Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 mini to Android 4.0! So, now I can install EPIM for Android, no need Google Drive! (I suppose). But I just can't find the way to sync my EPIM desktop 4.51 (portable).

I go to File / Sync / Add Sync / Android... Then a message opens to tell that I can Sync by Google, etc.

1) Do I need a newer version of EPIM desktop to sync to Android? Or is the portable version the problem? Maybe I'm I missing some add-on, plug-in or extension?

2) When I can fix this problem, could I sync my Android by USB (rather than wifi)?

3) Finally, can I stay synced to both Android and Google Drive with my desktop EMIP?

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Yes, you need EPIM 5.x version. Better use the latest one 5.03.
2. Sync over wi-fi only at the moment
3. Absolutely, why not.
Allekz
Guru

Post by Allekz »

Well, you got it! I have already upgraded to 5.03, and it's ok, I think it worth. But for my surprise, Android doesn't keep RTF notes, just text. Bad news for me in that point (almost the only reason I purchased the new version :(

How is it going the complete EPIM for Android???? I just can't wait!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Adding rich text formatting into the app is in the plans. Thanks.