The main contact display

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Tekzel
Novice

The main contact display

Post by Tekzel »

I like the two paned approach. I just wish i had more than 1 way to view the contact list instead of the grid list that is in the top pane. I personally favor the address card format, a row of tabs across the top that list all the letters of the alphabet and only the contacts whos last name or company name start with that letter show up on that particular sheet.

One problem i have had with the grid format is i have both people without company names, and companies without a first and last name in my contacts. This makes the grid display a bit unwieldy.

I do love the search box at the top though, that works amazingly well.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Understood, good point. Thank you for suggestion. That might be done at next major overhaul of the contacts module.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Tekzel
Novice

Post by Tekzel »

Also, if possible it would be great if the program would show the contact name as either the last name + first name or the company name based on which one is filled out automatically. If both are filled out maybe it could have a "display as" option where you can decide how its displayed. This could work for any contact really, maybe if I added a nickname field (love that feature, thanks) it could be an option in the display as box.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, all Noted!
Maxim,
EPIM Team