problema con EPIM Synchronizer

Discussioni su EssentialPIM in italiano
doctor
Novice

problema con EPIM Synchronizer

Post by doctor »

salve a tutti

vorrei usare il synchronizer x aggiornare il db che tengo nella penna usb senza dover ogni volta fare la copia di un file da 500 mega ormai. Ma dopo aver impostato i percorsi dei db su desktop e chiave con relative password (uguali ovviamente) mi ritrovo con questo errore
synch.jpg
synch.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 6699 times
come lo devo interpretare?

grazie in anticipo.
Stefano
www.doc3d.it/
Max
Site Admin

Re: problema con EPIM Synchronizer

Post by Max »

Hello,

are both databases 4.23? And EPIM Sync also 4.2?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
doctor
Novice

Post by doctor »

oh yes, both. I registered the portable version (which I haven't registered yet, I'm sorry :oops: ), but I get the same error .
epim_02.jpg
epim_02.jpg (109.77 KiB) Viewed 6690 times
www.doc3d.it/
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hm...can you please find out which module gives the error? You can do you easily by switching off modules one by one in EPIM Sync-> Tools-> Options and trying to run synchronization. As soon as problem module is clear I can try to reproduce the problem.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
doctor
Novice

Post by doctor »

ok it workd, the modules which create the error is the mail, when it is active I receive the error message, while the other works,both one by one and all togheter (without the mail module)
www.doc3d.it/
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Great...Unfortunately, to reproduce the error, we would need the database. I do not know whether you could do it,but you can make a copy of your database, delete all other information except mail and send it to us so that we could reproduce the problem. You can send it (or link to it) at ma@essentialpim...
Maxim,
EPIM Team
doctor
Novice

Post by doctor »

I'd like to send you my database, but it's full of notes, appointments and many other things that it will take a long time to delete. but I'll try.
One suggestion, is there a function called like "delete all notes" or "delete all appointments" ? It would be very usefiul in this case...
www.doc3d.it/
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

doctor wrote:I'd like to send you my database, but it's full of notes, appointments and many other things that it will take a long time to delete. but I'll try.
One suggestion, is there a function called like "delete all notes" or "delete all appointments" ? It would be very usefiul in this case...
Thank you! You may also send your database as it is.
There is no feature to delete all the Notes, but you can delete the whole trees or Leafs, by right-clicking on them.
As regards appointments- just go to Table view, select 1900-2100 - all Appointments will be displayed. Then you can use Ctrl+A to select all and Delete them at once.
Almost in any view you can use Ctrl+A to select and delete all.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
doctor
Novice

Post by doctor »

thank you so much, I'll try with ctrl A . But I found that copy and paste the e-mail from the desktop versione to the portable and viceversa work!. But the syncronizer remain much more simple to use.
www.doc3d.it/
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

doctor wrote:thank you so much, I'll try with ctrl A . But I found that copy and paste the e-mail from the desktop versione to the portable and viceversa work!. But the syncronizer remain much more simple to use.
Yes, copy paste between different EPIM Windows should work fine.
We would like to find and fix the issue with EPIM Sync, if there is one.
Maxim,
EPIM Team