share mail account

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

mat

share mail account

Post by mat »

I'm presently testing EssentialPIM. I understand that mail accounts cannot be shared among serveral users. A workaround might be to login several times under the same user name. Is this possible with the full network version without creating multi-user conflicts? Thanks.
Max
Site Admin

Re: share mail account

Post by Max »

Hello,

I would not advice logging in several times simultaneously with the same user.
I would suggest using IMAP account instead.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mat

Post by mat »

Max wrote:Hello,

I would not advice logging in several times simultaneously with the same user.
I would suggest using IMAP account instead.

Thanks for your advice Max. We are a small workgroup of 4 people and don't want to operate our own external mail server. Our ISP is keeping mail for one year on the server which is too short for us, plus IMAP handling of messages is much slower. I suppose that means we'd need to install a local mail server getting the messages via POP into the single local "domain account " and then make this available via IMAP to EPIM users? That adds quite a bit of overhead for the server to cope with. Could I get a multi-user test license to check this out? Thanks.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I can not confirm or deny the "slow IMAP handling of messages", but I guess it depends heavily on the server used.
I know quite many companies use Google Apps for GMAIL on their domain. Not sure about the speed, but surely noone deletes messages after one year and space is more than enough for many years on IMAP. That might be a good solution for a small workgroup and its free also.
I am sending you a multi user license via PM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mat

Post by mat »

Max wrote:...I am sending you a multi user license via PM.
many thanks, will test in the next days.