The Membership Sync Issue

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

cliffdf
Novice

The Membership Sync Issue

Post by cliffdf »

I saw the new version was available so installed V 3.23. It seems to be working normally. But I was a bit disappointed that the sync with Outlook still has a problem with Membership and Category sync.

Now, I had Memberships installed in most of my contacts in Essential. When I synced to Outlook, the memberships stayed in Outlook, but disappeared in Essentail. To this day, Outlook has a full set of "categories" listed and assigned to the contacts in their proper places. But 95% of the "memberships" are gone in Essential.

I saw that there were other complaints about this bug in earlier dates on the forum but they are not there now so I thought it could be resolved.

So, I can not help to much either in predicting when it happens as I can not tell whether the 5% that still there in the memberships in Essential are actually "typed in" or selected from the drop down list or why they remain when other contacts have the memberships removed after sync. The names are all there for the corresponding memberships - categories list etc .... but the sync does not update them. I have not tried a full re-sync, that is removing the sync data for Outlook ... for fear that something else will go missing.

For the time being I have not been assigning memberships to the Essential contacts as they are just stripped out when the sync goes through. The other information seems to be correct.

I have a huge database so it is rather nice to be able to just isolate a "certain group of contacts" through the membership facility.

I use EssentialPIM Pro v 3.23
Windows Vista Business

cliffdf