Strange Characters in Various Fields

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

mrjohnpwalker
Novice

Re: Strange Characters in Various Fields

Post by mrjohnpwalker »

I thought that I had remembered discussing and trying your suggestion before, but did it again just to be sure. Sorry... This still doesn't work.

I logged in as SYSDBA, turned off all users (except SYSDBA), closed the window, reopened it, turned everyone back on, including users 1-3, and then I had a total of 6 garbled user names.

I then logged in as SYSDBA, made the changes, COMPLETELY exited the program, loaded it up, turned everyone back on, and have the same problem.

I have tried everything I can think of. What now?

Thanks...
-----------------------------------------
EPIM Pro 3.21 Desktop Network
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi,

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

in your video I see something wrong with assigning rights to users/items, that's what we are trying to fix here, right?

If disabling users does not help, the only way is to backup your database and then delete and re-create new users.

If it still does not help, we can try fixing database for you manually (that's why we need backup)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mrjohnpwalker
Novice

Post by mrjohnpwalker »

Yes, Max. You're right. We're on the same page.

As for backing up, and then deleting and recreating users, I can do this. But, before I do:

1) Even SYSDBA is garbled. Can I delete the master account, under which I am logged in? Even if the other user names were corrected by this action, how would this help SYSDBA?

2) Doesn't it seem strangely coincidental that the text is also garbled in the "This database was opened in" box (see 2nd post/image this thread)? Would deleting/recreating users rectify this? Could this be a "display only" issue, maybe related to Firebird? The garbled characters seem consistent, as if a character substitution, or malfunctioning language translation is taking place.

Thanks.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

OK, lets make is simplier. We are working on 3.23 which will fix some issues (and will not fix some)- it should be released this week. Try on 3.23 and then will try to fix the issues that will be left.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mrjohnpwalker
Novice

Post by mrjohnpwalker »

"Simple" sounds like a good plan! I'll be watching for 3.23, and will let you know what happens after I install it.

Thanks!