[Error] cannot find field C1

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Mr. Blonde

[Error] cannot find field C1

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Hi guys,

Good stuff but....

I installed the program on Win2000Sp4, started using it and after closing it and reopening everytime I add an appointment I'm returned the error:
Cannot find field C1 Native error 10305, and the appointment won't show.

Sometimes the error is followed by another errror: " is not an integer value

After I add a contact I'm given the error: Field C1 not found and the contact doesn't appear.

I like the program but with these bugs I can't use it.

Thanks in advance...

Mr.B.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi,

seems like database is corrupted. To check this, please try creating a new database and adding a new contact.
If database is really corrupted,- maybe you could send it to us, so that we could check for the reason of the error, and fix your file? If you can't send the whole file for confidentiality problems, just make a copy of that file and delete all sensitive information.
Please also note that EssentialPIM does keep a backup of the file which you closed last time, by default it is located in the folder where original database lies. But, as you have numerously opened the damaged database, I am afraid the backup is also corrupted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Mr. Blonde

Post by Mr. Blonde »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!

Forgot to mention:

Apart from the error I noticed that the right part of the screen, where Daily, Weekly etc. should be is blank and the calendar on the bottom appears blank too.

Mr.B.
turbines

I have same problem with errors

Post by turbines »

I don't believe it is a corrupted database but rather a bug. It does this same thing on all 3 installations I have tried on separate computers

Post by Guest »

I had this issue too. I found a work around just by renaming a current field. It corrupted the database so I started anew.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

It is indeed a corrupted database issue due to some deleted fields in "Contacts" module. Most probably, Birthday. "Birthday" is used in other modules, so it causes error to be shown. Next version will have "Birthday" field blocked so it can'be deleted.
If anyone has any information that needs to be recovered- send the database to our support email- we will fix it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
GaraBoldi

Native error 10305

Post by GaraBoldi »

i had this same error pop up after i deleted some fields in Contacts (Cannot find field c15). With a little experimenting i found that rather than delete any of the fields in a new file, if you rename them and leave the remaining fields blank it has prevented any more error reporting. Don't know if this is useful, but it works for me....XP (home) SP2
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We have this error fixed since Beta 1 of version 1.5, which soon will be available publically.
Maxim,
EPIM Team