change of subject in email

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

a8907433
Guru

change of subject in email

Post by a8907433 »

I read recently here in forum about how no to change the subject in email accidential. I never had troubles with that. I just remebered this post, tried to change subject, but nothing happend.
Today I start EPIM and...... I see, one email has the subject of another email!!! This subject is quite personaly and could never be the subject of THIS email...... But how did I change the subject without knowing it???? How can I change it back???

Apart from this, V12.0.3 works perfect!
admin
Site Admin

Re: change of subject in email

Post by admin »

It's not possible to change the subject without knowing you did that. In the new version, if the option that provides you with the ability to change the subject is inactive, there's no way it could have happened.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kb5cth
Guru

Post by kb5cth »

Admin,

Concerning "if the option that provides you with the ability to change the subject is inactive", I've had meaningful problems clicking on an email in the list only to have the subject go into edit mode rather than simply be selected. Where would I find the option to *not* change subjects of emails?

Bill L
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's in Tools -> Options -> Mail, Display & Compose. Look at the bottom of the options list for "Allow editing subject line."
kb5cth
Guru

Post by kb5cth »

Admin,

I suspected that's what this was, but on my win 10 home machine it doesn't display:

2024-07-11 07_40_01-Window.jpg
Bill L
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If that's a portable version, ensure the language file is correctly updated (or simply reinstall EPIM).
nareom
Experienced

Post by nareom »

same issue, some mails got new topic without my will.
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2024-07-11 183416.png
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I did not know where the option to enable/disable this editing is, but now I looked and it is is off, so I should not be able to edit the subject line.

But there is definitly not in a million years a chance, that THIS email from a company had THIS subject!!

What I remember is: I remeberd this new editing option form EPIM news, so I tried: clicked, double-clicked in subject.... no chance to edit it. Around this time (before, after??) - when I GOT this mail, I wrote a mail with this subject. But I did not pay attention to the subject. And next day I started the computer and EPIM, this mail had exactly this very impropable subject. ???????

BTW: EPIM newsletter stil got to spam!!! No way to unspam your newsletter. I resetted trainingdata many times..... EPIM newsletter is a built in spam mail.... :)
I looked into my rules- I have two mailadresses containing the word or part of it "..news..." I defined as spam. But this mailadresses are not very similar to newsletter@essentialpim.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are currently addressing the issue with mail subjects. I will provide an update here once we have a fix for it.

a8907433, you may consider disabling your mail rules related to spam to see if they are affecting the behavior. It appears that this could be the reason (the email address the newsletter is coming from contains a "news" part in it).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Everyone, please download and install the presumably fixed version from here: https://www.essentialpim.com/download/t ... Pro120.exe.

Let us know how it works for you. Thank you!