Not Being Notified

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Problematic
Experienced

Not Being Notified

Post by Problematic »

Recently, but when that began I don't know, I have not been notified in advance of appointments; my settings show that this should begin three days in advance. It is entirely possible that I am failing to set something in the module for creating appointments.

Latest example: Yesterday, 08 June 2024, I created an appointment for tomorrow, 10 June, 2024, for 0600 hours. I did not receive an advance notification today, 09 June 2024. The computer has been awake since approximately 0545 hours this date.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not Being Notified

Post by admin »

Please mention your EPIM version number when providing information. Additionally, could you please share a screenshot showing the event details and advanced reminder settings?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

EPIM Free Version 11.7.2 (Just FYI: Were I still a fire chief, or still seriously involved in the fire service, I would very likely have a need for the paid version.)

I have an image with the requested information, but what I don't have is how to make a link from my computer to this email; I don't understand the icons above.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

This is scary, I remembered something, so here is the screenshot link:

https://imgur.com/a/FweK0C2
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please update to the latest version, which is 12.0.1 at the moment. The problem is likely not present in this version anymore, as we couldn't reproduce it with the latest update.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

I updated to version 12.0.1. Yesterday, I created a 0610 hours test appointment for this coming Saturday; I did not receive a notification this morning,

Any further steps I should take to attempt to remedy the situation?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please ensure that the entire event editing dialog window is visible in the screenshot. Additionally, we need to see the Advanced settings of the reminder, which can be accessed by clicking the button with the gear icon located on the right-hand side of the reminder field within the event editing dialog. Thank you.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

Here is a screenshot, complete with NO gear wheel icon; what you see is what I see when I press Ctrl-Shift-T.

https://imgur.com/a/VZoA5WR
aurio
Experienced

Post by aurio »

Look right of „Reminder“, which Shows „None“ in the drop down Menu. One Step more to the Right you can See the „gear Icon“ mentioned by Admin
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

Perhaps this reminder:

https://imgur.com/a/yThkX3A
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "Reminder" field shows "None" in the screenshot, indicating that no reminders will be displayed. Please ensure you set it to your desired value.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

Now all I have to do is find someone to remind me to set that value.

Thanks. Why I had been ignoring that obvious setting shall remain unknown.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can right-click on the calendar's name to set the default reminder for a specific calendar. Alternatively, you can navigate to Tools -> Options -> Calendar to establish a default reminder for all new events, regardless of the calendar they are created in. I hope this information is helpful. Thanks.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

That is definitely helpful. Again, why I had stopped marking new tasks for a three-day notification, I shall never know. However, as in the past I have nearly, if not always, set a three-day advance, I have used your default reminder information, an option of which I was not aware.

As my use of the program is limited to entering tasks, appointments, and the like, I have rarely if ever even looked at all the various options, such as the one you so nicely told me about.