EssentialPIM 12.0 Release Candidate Now Available!

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

locke
Guru

Re: EssentialPIM 12.0 Release Candidate Now Available!

Post by locke »

Die Perfomance im Mailmodul beim Lade des Mailbody ich wesentlich langsamer als bisher. Kann das bitte angepasst werden. Bis Version 11.8.4 kam die Anzeige des Mailbody sofort. Mit Version 12.0 dauert die Anzeige bis ca. 10 Secunden.

Gruß
Locke
M&M
Expert

Post by M&M »

Presumably the fundamentally poor performance of EPIM 12.0 RC is due to the additional options for marking and filtering etc. (most of these were already available in a different form or design). The new features may not have been adapted to the existing query algorithms and the mutually negative influence may then lead to performance losses?

For further comments on EPIM12.0 RC see here:
viewtopic.php?p=134144#p134144

Regards M&M
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

locke, could you please specify your Windows version and the mail view you are using? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could create a short video demonstrating the problem. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
locke
Guru

Post by locke »

Ich nutze Windows 11 Pro - Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. Die Ansicht/Layout ist auf "Vertikale Ansichten (In Gruppen)" eingestellt. Entschuldige bitte, was soll eine Videoaufzeichnung bringen? Nur um zu beweisen, dass es einfach lange dauert, bis der Body angezeigt wird? Ist das Misstrauen? :(

LG
Locke
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Absolutely not, sometimes on the videos we notice details that may not seem significant to you when describing the issue, but they could actually be the root cause of the problem.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I try V12.0 portable pro.

1) Overall it seems nice and stable

2) When copying the 2 .ini files to the folder to test the new version, 12.0 starts, converts db to new version and........ nothing. I tried many times, nothing happens. So I deleted the ini files and it worked (my db opened).

3) So I had to go to all options change many many settings until all looks is I´m used to. This is a work of many minutes, it took full 60 minutes for me. Especially the colors in "Show alternate grid line colors", all views in each single module and so on.... Can you please add an option to save all settings in the db AND in .ini?

4) Spam: For many versions now EPIM is not able to set correct "mark as not spam"- I told EPIM hundreds of times now that the Astonsoft news mail is not spam... this is quite pointless
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Good to know, thanks for the feedback.
2. Why are there 2 INI files? Normally, there should only be one.
3. Storing all settings in the DB poses a problem if a user uses multiple databases, as they would need to set up all settings repeatedly. It would be preferable to address the second point you mentioned.
4. Please attempt to reset the training data for the specific mail account, this should help.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

2) EPIM.ini with the EPIM settings and EssentialPim.ini with the portable license. You should know that, you invited it..... ;-)

3) If one has one db, settings in db would be prefereable. And if there are more dbs, then there should be an option to store settings in db, ini or both!

4) Useless. You suggest this any time this problem is brought up by someone.... but it doesn´t help. My suggestion is, in addition to a spam-learning algorithm there should be a simple command: "Set emailadress NOT to be spam"
This single command must guarantee that this emailadress is or is not spam!
aurio
Experienced

Post by aurio »

Regarding point #3:
I suggested saving/exporting and importing user settings some time ago. This would still be necessary for me too. When I think about how much I adjusted in EPIM, it would be extremely time consuming to restore!

My personal need (3 users) would be to transfer all settings from one user to another user with just a few clicks, so ONE "Design" fits for all Users.
viewtopic.php?p=133610#p133610

Since you can transfer the column arrangement to another task by right-clicking on the tasks top, it would be helpful - for me - if I could also export/import them.
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

For some reason after automatically upgrading to version 12 my EssentialPIM pops up a message saying it is no longer the default app for e-mail. When I click "Yes" to reset it to default it opens the default apps option. Under Mail EssentialPIM is not listed so I am not able to set it as default?

Carl
knegsel
Expert

Post by knegsel »

epim12 big letters.JPG
It is not completly correct with the big letters in new contact view mode.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

a8907433, if you still have the old EPIM.ini file available, please forward it to me via PM. We'll check how it could have influenced EPIM's starting behavior. Regarding point number 3 - it would over-complicate things for the vast majority of users. For point number 4 - there's an option to bypass spam filtering for senders from your contact list. That's likely the option you were looking for.

aurio, thank you for the suggestion, although we do not consider it a priority at the moment.

JcTcom, do you have an installable version of EPIM? Is that Win10 on your screenshot?

knegsel, this is a known issue, which will be addressed in the next update. Thanks.
locke
Guru

Post by locke »

Ich habe einen Hinweis zu den Kontakten in Release 12.0. In der Ansicht/Layout "Vertikal Personenzentriert" bewirkt die Leerung eine Feldinhalts z.B. Anrede die Löschung des Feldes in der Detailanzeige. Diese Feld wird gelöscht ohne Nachfrage. Ein Neuerfassung geht aber nur im Edit-Modus/Bearbeiten-Modus (Doppelklick auf die Person). Das ist aus meiner Sicht nicht konsequent. Das selbe Verhalten in der Ansicht/Layout "Horizontale Ansicht" Ziel: Wenn Änderungen möglich sind dann bitte alles ermöglichen oder nur ein View.

Gruß
Locke
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Showing all available fields in the detailed view could lead to clutter and overwhelm users accustomed to seeing only filled-in fields. While we'd like to maintain a clear and user-friendly detailed view.
locke
Guru

Post by locke »

Das ist ja verständlich. Dann belasst es doch beim sehen. Das Problem liegt doch darin, dass die Felder geleert werden können und dann auf der Detailansicht gelöscht werden. Ein neues Erfassen geht nur im Edit-Modus. Das einfach nicht konsequent.