EssentialPIM Help | Synchronization | Android | Troubleshooting

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Lee S
Beta Team

EssentialPIM Help | Synchronization | Android | Troubleshooting

Post by Lee S »

Might I suggest that as a Trouble shooting item an entry to "Restart" the smart phone after installing the application be added to the instructions. Seemed to help me.
Thank You
admin
Site Admin

Re: EssentialPIM Help | Synchronization | Android | Troubleshooting

Post by admin »

Could you please provide more details on how restarting the phone helped? Additionally, what was the initial issue you encountered? Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

While I don't remember the exact error messages I can only add this. I believe I installed the app on my Pixel 8 pro prior to setting up the synchronization on EPIM on the desktop. I don't remember if EPIM was running on the Pixel prior to setting up the sync on the desktop. It may have been as I was probably curious what it looked like on the phone. After setting up the desktop sync I tried to link and access the desktop from the Pixel. It showed that both devices were attached to the same router but they failed to connect to each other somehow. After much frustration including rebooting of the desktop I took a last ditch attempt and restarted the Pixel. At that point they connected and the Pixel updated. My apologies for not not being able to add more.
Thank You for the consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks very much for providing us with the additional information. We will consider your suggestion.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!