Reinstall EPIM PC

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

requiredusername
Guru

Reinstall EPIM PC

Post by requiredusername »

I've read some posts about reinstalling EPIM on my PC, but most reference a smartphone.
Can I uninstall/reinstall EPIM on my PC without affecting our smartphones?
Do I need to backup my files or will they not be deleted?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reinstall EPIM PC

Post by admin »

Certainly! You can uninstall and reinstall EssentialPIM at any time without worrying about your personal data files being affected.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Darlene
Novice

copy backup to new laptop

Post by Darlene »

I have had to buy a new laptop, but i am having big problems getting my backup to work. cOP
I have saved the backup on my flash drive. Sometimes when i try to copy to flash drive it keeps me from opening the next time i try to run EPIM on my OLD laptop.
I have a big mess.
Can anyone help and please in plain language.
a8907433
Guru

Re: Reinstall EPIM PC

Post by a8907433 »

Darlene, all you need is your xxx.epim file, where xxx the name you gave your database, for example Darlene.epim. So, find your database, copy it to your new laptop. Where your database is and where you need to save it, depends where an how you installed your EPIM (automatic- then your database will somewhere in C:\documents...... ) or you used the portable version, then you should know whrere your database file is. In your single database-file are all your data (emails, notes, contcts, calendar, passwords, appointments.....). Just install EPIM on your new laptop and then to "file/open" (upper left corner in EPIM) and navigate to your database and open it. Thats all!