Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Nurgotora
Guru

[Bug] Repeated Events Stop Repeating

Post by Nurgotora »

Version 11.8
Windows 10

I have about 100 yearly repeating events with no end date ... and about half of them suddenly stopped repeating after 2022.
That's rather infuriating: Most of those are birthdays that I promptly missed in 2023.

I have reduced my database down to an example containing just two events, which look absolutely identical to me, but one is not repeated beyond 2023 and the other is.

The event on the 20.06. repeats beyond 2023
The event on the 31.05. does not

See attached Screenshot.

As said, I've reduced the database down to these two events and can send it as PM anytime.

----------
Additional information:

Really needing to have the events in 2024, I did the following - with real bad side effects:

- Open the event on the 31.05.
- Change "Endet Am": to some date --- BUT DO NOT SAVE ("OK")
- Change "Endet Am": back to "Never"
- Save("OK")

The event on the 31.05. is now repeated beyond 2023
(I fixed all my approx 50 non-continuing events that way.)

But:
- After a sync with Android each of the 'fixed' events now appears twice in Android!
- After syncing again: Now all of them twice in Windows, too!

I needed restore the backup on Windows, do it all over again, delete all data on Android, reinstall EPIM-Android 5.8.7, because any later version still refuses to let me upgrade to my purchased Pro (on the ground that it is an error that I already have it, see viewtopic.php?p=128031#p128031) and do a initial one-way sync.

Also: Editing the title/text of the event on the 20.06. doubles the event on it's original date 2016. That's why I could not anonymize the entries, hence the need to send it to you by PM and not attach it here
Attachments
Example-events-stop-repeating.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Repeated Events Stop Repeating

Post by admin »

Please forward me the trimmed-down version of your database via private message here in the forum. We will take a look at the problem. Thank you.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check your synchronizations. If you create such an event in EPIM, there won't be a similar problem with it. Therefore, the events in question got into EPIM from synchronization with other service(s).
Nurgotora
Guru

Post by Nurgotora »

Yes, they did: About 10 years ago with the then still existing Palm sync (or was it an import? Can't remember).

But why do they suddenly stop repeating, when there's no indication in GUI about that? What else repeated events sudddenly stopped. Impossible to manually check hundreds of events over 25 years if they have someyear unexpectedly stopped repeating.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The individual repeating events could have been deleted from the series, hence there's no indication.
Nurgotora
Guru

Post by Nurgotora »

Unlikely ... or rather: no.

I certainly did not delete all the individual repeating events from approx 50 birthdays after 2022.

I rather suspect that your Palm Sync or Essential Pim itself of 2013 had a 10-year-cap on these events.
Nurgotora
Guru

Post by Nurgotora »

I'm a little bit annoyed about this "These events must have been imported into EPIM through a sync from another service or device." (here and in some of my other bug reports): Even though I did import my data from a Palm back in 2013 it was your sync into your system. And once they're in your system, the responsibility is yours that the events work as they show in the GUI. It cannot be that it's the user's responsibility to expect/check that an event that's shown as never ending in your System may suddenly stop repeating.

You've the database: Why did the event stop repeating?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please refer to my previous replies. There's no new information I can share about this.