Lokale contacten

Discuss EssentialPIM in Dutch

Moderators: PeCe, Moozer

istraate
Novice

Lokale contacten

Post by istraate »

Sinds enige weken zijn mijn contact-groepen verdwenen uit het overzichts-scherm. In de boomstructuur van lokale contacten staan nog wel evenveel streepjes als ik contact-groepen heb, maar de namen van de contact-groepen ontbreken. Bij ieder contact staat wel nog de juiste contact-groep vermeld. Hoe krijg ik de namen van de contact-groepen terug in de boomstructuur?
Bij voorbaat dank voor ieders oplossing.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lokale contacten

Post by admin »

To better understand the issue you're facing, it would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot that indicates the problem you're encountering. This will allow us to visually assess the situation and provide you with more accurate assistance. Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to resolving the issue for you.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
istraate
Novice

Post by istraate »

here is the requested screenshot
Attachments
Schermafdruk 22112023.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you please provide the EPIM version number as well? Additionally, you can try the following steps: Right-click on an empty contact group, choose "Edit" from the context menu, and check if there is any name mentioned. If there isn't, try typing in a name and see if it starts to appear in the list. Thanks!
istraate
Novice

Post by istraate »

Could you please provide the EPIM version number as well? ESSENTIALPIM PPRO 11.7.3
Additionally, you can try the following steps: Right-click on an empty contact group, choose "Edit" from the context menu, and check if there is any name mentioned. YES, THERE IS.
If there isn't, try typing in a name and see if it starts to appear in the list. NO
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What if you create a new group? Will its name start showing in the list? Alternatively, if you choose to rename any of the existing ones, will the changes be reflected?
istraate
Novice

Post by istraate »

What if you create a new group? Will its name start showing in the list? NO

Alternatively, if you choose to rename any of the existing ones, will the changes be reflected? NO
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please create a new test EPIM database file (File -> New -> EPIM Data File) and check if the issue persists. If not, consider synchronizing your data into the new database using EPIM Synchronizer (https://www.essentialpim.com/features/f ... nchronizer).
istraate
Novice

Post by istraate »

In the new file, the groups can be entered and they are visible in the tree structure. After sync with the old file, all contact data are transferred neatly except for the contact groups; So I would still have to enter them manually (3476 contacts!)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We greatly appreciate your willingness to assist us in identifying the root cause of the issue. If you have the time, please perform the following steps:
- Create a copy of your old database file.
- Open the copied database file using EPIM and delete all the important data, leaving only a couple of contact groups.
- Optimize the database by selecting the appropriate option by clicking on File->Database Management. Once optimized, exit the program, restart EPIM, and observe if the problem still persists.
- If the issue persists even after optimization, archive the database file and forward it to me via private message here in the forum. This will allow us to further investigate the problem and provide a more targeted solution.

Thank you once again for your cooperation and assistance.
istraate
Novice

Post by istraate »

I still had an old computer with a six-month old version of my file. I transferred that "old" file to my current computer and opened it in Essential PIM. That worked well; then I synced the file to the cloud, and now everything seems to be working fine again. I hope it stays this way. Thank you very much for the help. Kind regards, I.W. van Straaten