Why has the behavior of Overdue tasks changed?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Re: Why has the behavior of Overdue tasks changed?

Post by admin »

Understood, thank you for providing additional explanation. It seems that your case is quite specific. However, it would be beneficial to know if there are other users who share the same idea and would support its implementation. If we see that there is a significant demand for this feature, we can certainly consider adding an additional option, as you have suggested. This way, we can ensure that the software meets the needs of a wider user base.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Jon
Guru

Post by Jon »

Thank you for considering.

Jon
bigred
Novice

Post by bigred »

I believe that the change in behavior of Overdue tasks for which the completion TIME has passed but the completion DATE has not yet passed occurred with the introduction of EssentialPIM 11.7 on 09/12/2023. I noticed the change in behavior almost immediately because I keep two task group headings expanded, OVERDUE and TODAY, give priority to tasks in the OVERDUE group, and follow a strict rule that by the end of the day every task in the OVERDUE group must be either completed or assigned a new completion date and time.

With regard to Jon's comments, perhaps Jon could fully meet his needs by expanding two groups, OVERDUE and TODAY, instead of just the TODAY group. The OVERDUE group will appear above the TODAY group, which is consistent with giving overdue tasks higher priority. Personally I prefer this approach because sometimes my TODAY list is too long to see it all without scrolling down and I can easily miss a task changing from black to red if it happens off screen. A task which turns red AND jumps into the OVERDUE group is much more likely to be spotted provided the OVERDUE group is expanded and kept uncluttered. Just my personal opinion.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, this was identified as a bug rather than a change in behavior. The issue has been resolved in EPIM 11.7.1.
bigred
Novice

Post by bigred »

No, this issue has NOT yet been resolved. I posted on Sep 26, 2023, "The promised change... has not been implemented successfully in the update to version 11.7.1." and you confirmed your agreement. See these posts:

-------------------------------------------------

Post by bigred » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:20 pm
The promised change "Tasks grouped by due date now belong to the correct groups" has not been implemented successfully in the update to version 11.7.1. Specifically, tasks for which the completion TIME has passed still display in the TODAY group instead of the OVERDUE group. Again I ask, please fix it.

Post by admin » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 am
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We can confirm the problem and ensure that it will be addressed in the next minor update of EPIM.

Yet again I request, please fix this ongoing issue.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you able to verify this behavior on a new database? If you can, please record a short video demonstrating the issue and send it to us. Thank you.