Is 11.6.5 still supported on Windows 7

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EoinDubh
Guru

Is 11.6.5 still supported on Windows 7

Post by EoinDubh »

I tried to update my wife's EPIM install to 11.6.5 today but when it starts the download/install it shuts down EPIM and pops a message that another copy is still running. The same thing happens after a clean reboot. Is windows 7 still supported?
Last edited by EoinDubh on Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poet-man
Guru

Re: Is 11.6.5 still supported on Windows 7

Post by poet-man »

Yes, this would be interesting to know ... I still have an old device, running on 7. If not supported anymore, I could avoid any attempts.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Windows 7 is still supported. To resolve the issue you are facing, please try rebooting your PC before attempting the update. This should help in getting rid of the message and allow for a smoother update process.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I did reboot it several times. But today I shut it down and disconnected power for 15 minutes and then restarted. It still gave me the error. I think that it has something to do with the AVG spam and security monitor. So I shut it down as well as the drive mappings to my Amazon S3 drives and rebooted with them disabled and it installed correctly..