Rules Inconsistent

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

KmxSoft
Guru

Rules Inconsistent

Post by KmxSoft »

From previous comments made on the forum, wshen a rule is selected and run all matching emails in the folder are sxupposed to be selected and moved to the target folder.

However, this behaviour is inconsistent. Sometimes it wsorks as expected, however I find that most of the time it simply does nothing - there is no update to the emails in the source folder (usually the Inbox). This really doesn't work.

My rules use 'contains' in the From address. Usually its a word from the domain, FX 'ebay' or 'paypal' - not the whole address. The rules work fine with incoming email - but tend to fail when the exisxting rullllllllle is selectedd from the list.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rules Inconsistent

Post by admin »

To better assist you, could you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? It would be helpful if you could provide steps to reproduce the issue and any other relevant details. This will allow us to investigate the problem more effectively. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
KmxSoft
Guru

Post by KmxSoft »

Rules.zip
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
My rules attached

Procesw is very simple. Regardless of whether messages have been selected,choose the rule from tye rules dialog and click run now. I normally run t5his on the Inbox.

Whazt should happen - and frequently doesn;t - is thhatt maytchihgg messages shojuld move to the ttargett folder. Re-run doesn't work and once a failure occurs the process is broken for all rules. The only recovery is a reboot, the process doesn't recover from stop and restart.

The rules always work for incoming email - the breakage is with manual running. It's not consistent - it ocassionally works but most times doesn't.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please help me understand why you believe there is a need for manual intervention if you say the rules always work automatically. Additionally, if you could provide a small video demonstrating the issue and showing the messages in the folder that should be affected by the rule, I would greatly appreciate it. You can send the video to me via private message. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!