Application error attempting search

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

JcTcom
Novice

Re: Application error attempting search

Post by JcTcom »

That’s great! In the mean time can you tell me what view I can temporarily use in order not to get the error?

Kind of thought that would be the default view for email…

Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Changing the view by clicking on View -> Layout -> Classic View should not produce the error.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

Hi. Thanks for suggesting another view.
Actually it seems like none of the other views have the issue. Also the search in the other views is super quick. I had always thought the app was super slow on my computer but maybe the issue causing the crash is also related to it being slow.

Also I started another thread about issues with inconsistent font sizes going from extremely small to extremely large from one e-mail to the next. it seems that none of the other views have that issue as well (Or at least to a much more normal degree as can be expected when moving between plain text to RTF to HTML formatted e-mails.)

Carl..
JcTcom
Novice

Post by JcTcom »

Hi.

I have downloaded & Installed the new version 11.6.0 but it still seems to have the issue with searching. Though maybe not quite as severe.

As far as I can tel it now only seems to error on search terms with a "space" in them.

Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we're unable to reproduce the problem you mentioned. Could you please provide more details about the mail view you currently have active?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!