Google sync vs. (Google) email send and receive

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lphilpot
Guru

Google sync vs. (Google) email send and receive

Post by lphilpot »

This is just for my understanding... mostly.

Is there any overlap between Google synchronization and email send / receive? For example, if I have my Google sync set to one-way only (from Google to EPIM, not from EPIM to Google), can that affect email updates made by EPIM? Note I'm asking about email ops only, not calendar, tasks, etc.

The reason I ask...

I'm using EPIM for IMAP Google mail, as well as for my Google calendar and contact. I ran into issues with my Contacts getting badly messed up, apparently somehow as a result of EPIM (??). I'm not pointing a finger, that's just the best I could determine. Anyway, that's in the past and no worries.

As a result I reconfigured my Google sync to pull down calendar, contact and task changes, but not push them back up. That's fine because I do all such edits in a browser anyway.

But I've noticed virtually every time I go to my GMail on the web, there are messages in my Inbox that (in EPIM) I've moved elsewhere to other folders days / weeks ago. Those messages in GMail web will have the other folder labels, but they're still in the Inbox. There are also quite often drafts of messages in the GMail Drafts folder I've long ago composed and sent via EPIM, where its Drafts folder is empty.

So it looks (?) like my GMail Inbox and Drafts aren't getting correctly -- or at least fully -- updated.

I would be tempted to think this is just a quirk of GMail but when I used other local email clients they always kept the online Inbox, folders, etc. fully in sync, given a little time.

So is my one-way "update only" Google sync somehow interfering with email sync? (I can't be sure but I think this was happening before I changed from two- to one-way Google sync, though.)

Thanks.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Re: Google sync vs. (Google) email send and receive

Post by admin »

Your one-way sync should not affect email synchronization in EssentialPIM. If you are experiencing issues with email synchronization, I would recommend removing the Google email account from EssentialPIM and then re-adding it. This process can help refresh the connection and resolve any potential syncing issues.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

It's not a major issue since it stays correct in EPIM. I just clean it up online if / when needed. But I've already removed and readded the account more than once for other troubleshooting and it made no difference.

Thanks.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you encounter any unusual issues with email correspondence in the future, please forward us the mail log file. This will allow us to investigate the matter further and provide more accurate assistance. Thanks!
kls06541

Post by kls06541 »

I have the same issue today, first it did go very slow, but finally when it start working, noting is getting move around in Gmail, everything is still in the inbox even I moved the emails to a new folder
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To help us better understand and address your issue, please provide as much detail as possible. Sometimes the issue may be different from what is initially perceived, so a thorough description will be beneficial. Additionally, please mention the version of EPIM you are currently using.