Why has the Mobile Notes module been neglected for so long.

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

DoctorBrown
Experienced

Why has the Mobile Notes module been neglected for so long.

Post by DoctorBrown »

Is it just me, or do other people see that the Notes Module has been neglected on the mobile platforms for far too long? I am not a heavy user of Notes, but I see several areas of missing or incorrect functionality on Android and iOS that make the module pretty crippled.
The two major ones that frustrate me are:
  • if you create a table on the Desktop, and then sync to Android the Notes completely strips all table formatting. AND the formatting is stripped out of the Desktop Notes! So much for using Tables... As far as I can tell, this has been reported as far back as 2019. I imagine it was reported as soon as Tables were introduced in the Desktop.
  • On the iOS, Notes is not even supported!! I far as I know, it never has been. Big limitation! Since on iOS many of the modules connect with the iOS native apps, I can see that there could be complications playing nice with iCloud and such.
These have appeared in the Suggestions forum for years but nothing ever comes of them. What other major missing/broken functionality do you find with Notes?
Would anyone from Astonsoft Ltd. or the EPIM team care to jump in here?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Why has the Mobile Notes module been neglected for so long.

Post by admin »

We are here to confirm that both of the mentioned features are indeed part of our plans. However, at this time, we are unable to provide an ETA for their implementation.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
DoctorBrown
Experienced

Re: Why has the Mobile Notes module been neglected for so long.

Post by DoctorBrown »

That is good to hear and while I can appreciate the need to set priorities, it's been that way for years now. And I've seen that statement before. It would sure help us frustrated users to get some more definitive news on this front.

in the case of tables, the omission of this piece of functionality from the mobile platform makes the inclusion of the feature in the Desktop unusable. And not being able to sync Notes with iOS makes it, well, useless if that's your platform. I'm sure your developers are aware of this limitation.

Because of tasks for which I needed that feature NOW and several times in the past. I was forced to use a different method that used a completing product. I'm sure that's not what Astonsoft wants to know is happening.

I have been a loyal user of this product since 2015 and seen it grow in functionality.