V11.5 and onwards - Task order with 'Detailed' option in Task pane

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

amijo
Novice

V11.5 and onwards - Task order with 'Detailed' option in Task pane

Post by amijo »

Hello there. Thanks for the last updates with 11.5 and 11.5.1

I have noticed that in the Task Pane in the Sidebar of the Calendar window, when you 'Group By' using 'Due Date' (also using 'Start Date') and the use the 'Detailed' option, tasks without End Date (or Start Date) are placed on top. This does not happen when the 'Detailed' option is not selected, as in that case tasks without End Date are placed at the bottom of the list.

I do not have checked the option in the Task module of 'Show tasks without dates at top of task list when grouped by Due or Start dates', but it seems as if the 'Detailed' option in the 'Group By' would somehow apply it regardless. If I check the 'Show tasks ...' option in the Task module, those tasks without End Dates are shown on top with or without the 'Detailed' option selected.

Could you please make the 'Detailed' option behave as expected given the state of option in the Task Module?

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: V11.5 and onwards - Task order with 'Detailed' option in Task pane

Post by admin »

We are unable to reproduce this and the option in Tasks does reflect its status on the sidebar. Please see if you can reproduce the problem on a new database and let us know. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
amijo
Novice

Post by amijo »

OK, so I have investigated a bit more the current situation and I have to change my initial point:

1) If I do not select the 'Detailed' option, the tasks are shown for 'Overdue', 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'This Week, 'Next Week' , 'This Month', 'Next Month', 'Later' and 'No Due date' 'groupings', which I find completely fine
2) Prior to version 11.5, if I did select the 'Detailed' option then tasks would be grouped as 'Overdue', 'Today', 'Tomorrow', each subsequent date (being today May 10th, it would start from May 12th and go on for each date for which Due Date would have defined for a task), and finally 'No Due date'; I found this behaviour OK as well
3) As of now, if I select the 'Detailed' option only the 'Overdue' and 'No Due date' groupings are shown, with all the tasks really having Due Dates being included in the 'No Due Date' although not showing this date at all
4) In an empty database I have created some bogus tasks and observed the same behaviour, with the only difference that the tasks with a set Due Date appear above the 'Overdue' grouping (?) and do not show the date when using the 'Detailed' option (??). If I do not use the 'Detailed' option then the behaviour is as described in 1) above.

Therefore, both in my current DB and in a new one, without using the 'Detailed' option everything goes as 1) above, which is fine. Using the 'Detailed' option my DB behaves as 3), while a new DB behaves as 4), whereas before it was working as in 2).

Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issue with how the detailed option groups the tasks will be addressed and resolved in the upcoming update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!